Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 11, 2009   #1
kygreg
Tomatovillian™

Default SSE yearbook

Read posts on another thread about some members already receiving the 2010 yearbook. I didn't think they came out until January. Are members going to get a hardcopy or will the yearbook be online?
kygreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2009   #2
pooklette
Tomatovillian™

Members will get a hard copy AND it'll be available online this year. As far as I know, they don't plan on phasing out the printed Yearbook completely.
pooklette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2009   #3
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I think the other thread was confusing the SSE public catalog with the yearbook. We've gotten the public catalog a couple of weeks ago but not the yearbook yet.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2009   #4
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

The paper yearbook usually is sent in late January or early February if all goes well with the printing, and then the first person who gets it starts a thread here to say so and then as persons get it they add to that list and then the whining starts b'c it usually takes a couple of weeks, on average, for everyone to get their yearbooks.

I usually make some comment about the dog sled team and driver not making it up here to the tundra until much later than others.

There's another thread here in the Discussion section about the online version and what SSE members need to do to access it. And the same information was also given in the Harvest Edition which all SSE members received a few weeks ago.

I've been too lazy to get my password and all that but some friends who have gone to the online version say that right now there's still a notice at the top, or opening page, that says still under construction, or words to that effect.

And a few of my friends have received requests from other SSE members, either through the current paper 2009 Yearbook so they can use the 2009 SSE request form, or otherwise, b'c different members state different things as to request information in their blurbs at the front of the YEarbook.

I know that I said that I'll only accept requests on the official 2010 SSE request form and I had reasons for doing that.
Old December 12, 2009   #5
kygreg
Tomatovillian™

Thanks all for the info.
kygreg is offline   Reply With Quote