Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Old March 26, 2011   #16
JackE
Tomatovillian™

Thank You Mr. Feldon! I don't have to size them or edit them or anything, huh? I'll take some pictures of our gardens and volunteers and post them.

Jack
JackE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2011   #17
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

If you can size them to 800 x 600 that would be really swell. You might be able to do that in your camera settings, or in the photo program on your computer.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2011   #18
JackE
Tomatovillian™

I'll study-upon it and practice. Some years ago my wife and her sister took a trip and I tried to put all their photos on a disc - over their concerns about my lack of computer skills. I wound-up deleting all the photos on the camera chip and no disc! A complete loss. Since then, I've stayed away from it.

Jack
Old May 14, 2011   #19
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

I will not continue the tomato graft project anymore this year. 23 of 24 initial grafts appeared to be successful after two days when pictures were taken. However after I took the pictures, I left the 6 inch dome removed because the plants were inside a plastic tent with a humidifier below. On day three all the plants looked droopy and by day four most were infected with a black smelly growth. On day five all the plants were terminally stricken. What a sick looking mess! If I attempt this again in the future, I will probably use Big Beef as my rootstock and also super sanitize the healing camber. Later, Dutch
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2011   #20
JackE
Tomatovillian™

Yeah. I'm disappointed but not surprised.

From what reading I've done it seems like something best left to specialized companies with the right facilities - you know, sterile environment, white coats, etc. The japanese seem to be leading this field, and are actually producing viable plants in commercial quanitities.

Jack
Old December 9, 2011   #21
DKelly
Tomatovillian™

I have grafted onto maxifort from de ruiter. plants had stems so big they would not fit into tomato clips....more than 1'' in diameter! be aware that this resistance will also break if the soil temps get above 85f.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2011   #22
DKelly
Tomatovillian™

still want to control nems another way also.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote