Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Tomatopalooza™ event information and discussion forum. Held annually in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area.

Old August 17, 2006   #1
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Default Tomatopalooza 5 year celebration - possible location

All, very early stages yet - in fact, only an informal discussion/proposal - but the location for our 5th event may be a farm in Efland, NC, west of Durham. It would be at the home of one of my very first seedling customers and a good friend. Lee and I will be looking for a bit more organization help as well...so stay tuned for further news. We may be in a situation of being able to walk into a large tomato garden and pluck some specimens to taste!
Old March 26, 2007   #2
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Just confirmed today in an email from my friend on the farm that they would be delighted to host the event. Lee, I will forward you his email - we can work on the planning over the next few months, but the biggie is confirming the date so we can let people know. And, yes, he did mention having music there...and food, I suspect...so TPalooza 5 could be quite the event! This will be a nice change from our usual location - a bit more of a drive, but lots more room (and no heavy picnic tables to move....and better lighting for pictures?!)
Old March 27, 2007   #3
Lee
Tomatopalooza™ Moderator

July 28th would be a good date. Most things are in by then, and the
earlys are still producing.

As you know, weekends in August are pretty booked for me.

Cuostralee - The best thing on sliced bread.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2007   #4
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

July 28 it is, at Jimmy Holcomb's farm/home in Efland.....and there is going to be music!
Old April 3, 2007   #5
celticman
Tomatovillian™

Craig,
If you need some help I'd be willing a bit to help. I've learned a lot, had fun and selected a number of tom's to grow at the last two tomatopaloozas.
Celtic
celticman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2007   #6
gardenmama
Tomatovillian™

If there is anything I can do to help out via long distance let me know! I have planned for 2 Lime Green Salad plants this year so I hope to make plenty of sorbet for the gathering.
Old April 3, 2007   #7
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

We will have to assign the Dwarf Tomato Table police to prohibit any seed nabbing from any of the Dwarf Project fruit that find themselves there (since nothing will be even remotely stable yet!).

Seriously, it should be a really fun event, and a change of format/venue for our 5th Tomatopalooza is appropriate. The host, Jimmy, was one of our original seedling customers going back 10 years, and really good folks. I can sense a bit of an expanded event - sure, the people and tomatoes - but perhaps more food, music....

And, better light for pictures, less angry bees....Lee and I will work out details over the coming months and perhaps enlist some help from those who express interest in such things.
Old April 20, 2007   #8
Horseshoe
Tomatovillian™

Well golly gee...I live in Efland! Although I'll be tied up the first part of the day hopefully this means I'll be able to swing by in the early afternoon this year.

Haven't met J. Holcomb (unless I know him by face only) but would like to. Then again, perhaps he knows me and I don't know it yet!

Glad I popped in. This is great news.
Shoe
Horseshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2007   #9
Mrsgardener
Tomatovillian™

I'll be there! please just give simple traveling instructions!--- Mrsgardener/ Donna