Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 5, 2007   #16
Earl
Tomatovillian™

I grew the Porter cherry a few years back. It was a huge healthy plant that produced an over abundance of oblongish cherries that tasted [well] like nothing. :-)

Here's what you should grow. If you want to put WOW in a salad. :-) If you grow these 6 you will have to be hardpressed to add anything to the group.

Black Cherry
Galina's Yellow
Dr. Carolyn's [ivory]
Green Grape
Peruvian Bush [red]
Mexico Midget [red]
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2007   #17
CLa
Tomatovillian™

I'm trying Black Cherry this year along with sungold and a red grape that came with this little heirloom sampler from Kroger one day last summer. The red grape tasted real good so I saved the seed. But anyway I was curious about a few things, first, as for flavor how do you describe green grape?
One of the first cherry tomatoes I have grown was a large red cherry, seed purchased near home. The plant produced not many cherries at all but one of those I tried had this really fine tomato flavor that seemed to linger in the mouth forever. Not extremely sweet but very nice flavor it was. Is there a cherry tomato that may fit that description? How about that Galina's?
CLa is offline   Reply With Quote