Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Old May 30, 2011   #31
ASFx2600
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx4inpa View Post
I am talking about the yard being caged in. Not the beds. Are the walls to keep out snakes?
The walls separate my yard from the neighbor's yard. I've never seen any snakes around here.
ASFx2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011   #32
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for updated pictures of this year's setup. And I don't think you live in a prison. Actually I'll be in Vegas on July 7-9th.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2011   #33
naturallight
Tomatovillian™

Wow, those boxes look amazing. I was thinking about building some trex garden beds and I found your post online. Could you share a little bit more about the construction of the boxes, specifically:

- how did you connect the trex boards to the cedar blocks? Just screws?
- is the trellis made of string or wire? how exactly is it fastened to the cedar blocks?
- finally, was there anything tricky about the construction that a beginner might have trouble with?

thank you very much!
naturallight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2011   #34
janezee
Tomatovillian™

I saw your garden on growingyourgreens.com. Very nice set-up. What I wouldn't give for a little of that heat in August and September!
Congrats on having the brains to plan and execute a perfect plan for your situation!
janezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2013   #35
ejones1961
Tomatovillian™

very nice setup
ejones1961 is offline   Reply With Quote