Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old August 6, 2012   #61
barkeater
Tomatovillian™

Tania,

Hope you get through it too this year. Like you I lost mine to late blight last year. I didn't pay attention and didn't even know it was in the state for a whole month before I got it.
Old August 6, 2012   #62
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

Barkeater, I hope your plants survive the late blight, keep spraying if you can. I think Tom in CT has suggested that fishmilk (gardening in the green forum) helped his plants make it for a longer duration in the past so he could get some harvest before the plants went down.
Old August 6, 2012   #63
barkeater
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakelady View Post
Barkeater, I hope your plants survive the late blight, keep spraying if you can. I think Tom in CT has suggested that fishmilk (gardening in the green forum) helped his plants make it for a longer duration in the past so he could get some harvest before the plants went down.
As long as I keep up my weekly sprays of Daconil (Funginol) I should be fine. It worked in 2009 when everyone around me had lost their tomatoes by now. We shall see!
Old August 10, 2012   #64
ca1ore
Tomatovillian™

Still no sign of LB here in Stamford, CT; although, after being away on vacation for a week of wet humid weather, I do have the first major appearance this year of septoria (pretty aggressive too).
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10, 2012   #65
riceke
Tomatovillian™

Do you all see on the left index of the wesite the Vegetable Disease heading that shows in great detail some of the tomato and potato diseases? Some great pics to use as reference.