Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old September 9, 2010   #76
mjc
Tomatovillian™

I saw what he said...but, in my experience with 'not quite above board' website owners, it is a common thing to pull the site and accuse the opposition of having it taken down. Then play the 'pity me' angle to garner support for the offending site's owner.
mjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2010   #77
Tania
Tomatovillian™

not to stir the pile... but the website is up again, with a different hosting service.

And the list of tomato varieties were copied from Tatiana's TOMATObase. Now he is using the same wiki software I do, so it looks like an attempt to copy if not the contents of TOMATObase but at least the structure and the idea. (see the Tom's Tomato Seed Index link at the bottom left.)

Never mind. I know this will be a multi-year project to build from scratch. I am still curious what will come out of that project.

Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2010   #78
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

It looks like at least 3 of the pics on his front page are from posters here again.

Some people are just so dense they never get the fact that THEY are the problem and keep doing the wrong thing.

TV is such a great resource that I've tried to learn all I can and correct any goofs or mistakes I've made. It's only helped my site and rep that I'm open to correction as the other reputable small vendors here also are.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2010   #79
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

He's being hosted by "fatcow.com". Perhaps someone should look at the terms of that hosting.

http://www.fatcow.com/legal/legal_useragreement.bml

Ted
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2010   #80
RinTinTin
Tomatovillian™

Section 4 pretty well covers it:

User's use, publication and display of the User Content will not infringe any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property right of any person,
RinTinTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2010   #81
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

We shall soon see how FatCow handles documented reports of copyright infringement.

While I don't want links to any of his sites posted here publicly, if any of you are interested in checking them for photos, images or text that he may have stolen from you, please feel free to PM either Suze or myself to obtain them.

Edited to add: Use this link to report copyright infringement of any photos on his Photobucket pages: http://photobucket.com/copyright

Use this link to report copyright infringement to FatCow: http://www.fatcow.com/legal/legal_copyrightclaims.bml

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2010   #82
farmall
Tomatovillian™

Tania
It looks like you have ruffled Dr. Tomato's feathers. he is obviously screwing with you the way I see his web site is set up. It looks like he is MESSING with the wrong person, because what you have done with op tomatoes with your web site on the internet is great. I think this is CR**
that this guy is Screwing with a great person and a great web site for the HEIRLOOM TOMATO INDUSTY. MISCHKA keep this thread up and post links so we all can see how stupid this guy is going to get. Tania I not the smartest on the computer but I have your back what ever you need, because I see The time you put into your site helps THOUSANDS of people other than yourself.

My two cents
Adam Gleckler
Gleckler Seedmen
farmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2010   #83
frogwash
Tomatovillian™

Has anyone actually looked at his new page recently?

<link removed>

Apparently anyone can edit it.
Old October 24, 2010   #84
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogwash View Post
Has anyone actually looked at his new page recently?

<link removed>

Apparently anyone can edit it.

Yeah...and obviously somebody has been venting....wow! Have to wonder how long that will last?
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2010   #85
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

My! My! My! Is it possible that we are witnessing a "wee bit" of a maturity problem? I think somebody needs a hug and a "time out".

But, then again, within his three repetitive statements which appear on his main page, he seems to be finally facing the truth at least 50% of the time. Perhaps we can optimistically call that a small glimmer of progress in his reformation.

JMHO

Ted
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Old October 24, 2010   #86
Tania
Tomatovillian™

folks,

Just a small note: with the wiki, it is very easy to see who edited a page and what the edits were. If you are logged in, you should see 'History' tab at the top of a page, and if you go there, you will see who edited the page.

It is also easy for the Administrator to 'lock' a page so no one can edit it without admin rights. It is also possible to block a user based on their IP address.

The user name/IP address for all edits are also visible from the 'Recent Changes' page - I will use my own TOMATObase page as an example here: http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/S...:RecentChanges, so you get an idea. This one is visible for users who are not logged in, anyone can view it.

Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old October 24, 2010   #87
OneoftheEarls
Tomatovillian™

three positive comments on DavesGarden, obvious attempt to mirror Tatiana's site....guess he hasn't found any of my pics yet

With this site and being "found out" he might want to reconsider and start doing it (original work) himself. I have copied descriptions before, trying to change some things....what do you think about searching and using descriptions?
OneoftheEarls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2010   #88
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmall View Post
Tania
It looks like you have ruffled Dr. Tomato's feathers. he is obviously screwing with you the way I see his web site is set up. It looks like he is MESSING with the wrong person, because what you have done with op tomatoes with your web site on the internet is great. I think this is CR**
that this guy is Screwing with a great person and a great web site for the HEIRLOOM TOMATO INDUSTY. MISCHKA keep this thread up and post links so we all can see how stupid this guy is going to get. Tania I not the smartest on the computer but I have your back what ever you need, because I see The time you put into your site helps THOUSANDS of people other than yourself.

My two cents
Adam Gleckler
Gleckler Seedmen
Dear Adam,

Thank you for your kind words - it looks like they came from your heart.
It would be hard for me to describe my emotional state when I read your message, so I will only say it was so overwhelmingly good to feel that I have so many supporters.

Folks, I do not really believe that Dr. Tom will ever get close to what is in the TOMATObase, and as long as I do not see him taking other people's pictures and copying descriptions from TOMATObase, I can rest in peace.

Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old October 24, 2010   #89
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Looks like we will all have to watermark our pictures to prevent theft. Here's a picture I've added "watermarks" to. I've used Microsoft's PhotoDraw which is available to almost everyone as it came with most standard software packages on PC types.

- Edit the picture in PhotoDraw
- From the top menu bar, Select "Insert" - Text (actually a rotatable Text Box)
- Type in your text
- From the right of the screen, Select the size of the letters (e.g. "8 points" for small)
- From the top menu bar, "Effects" and "Transparency"
- On the right of the screen, Slide the pointer to the right to make things more transparent.
- Drag and place the box and rotate it to meet your needs.
- Select the little pouring bucket to pick a color for your text.
- Save (make sure you choose JPEG filter) and you're done.

This picture has "ContainerTed" in several colors and transparency levels and all at the 8 point size setting.

Ted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HugeBlackTest.jpg (87.4 KB, 59 views)
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Old October 24, 2010   #90
dustdevil
Tomatovillian™

Dr. T would have to put thousands of hours into his database to try and come close to the quality of Tania's. By that time, Tania will have a couple thousand more varieties listed. His db will never be the bees knees that Tania's is. I anticipate he will attempt another "shortcut" since he likes pushing the easy button at other's expense.
dustdevil is offline   Reply With Quote