Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 19, 2009   #46
rxkeith
Tomatovillian™

this year, i am using horse manure. a neighbor down the road has 6 horses, so he isn't gonna run out any time soon. the price is right, free. the guy is even nice enough to load it into the back of my truck with his bobcat. some went in the hole, and i put a circle around each plant. my place is on what was farm land, but hasn't been worked in awhile i think. i need several more loads to put on the garden come fall. i also use fish emulsion and kelp on occasion, and there is a nearby leaf pile that i can tap into. kitchen scraps either go into the compost pile or pit composting in the garden. the tomatoes all seem pretty happy. they are behind due to weather. i have blossoms, and tiny tomatoes, just no idea what kind of crop to expect. people say they didn't have this kind of weather before we moved here.

keith
rxkeith is offline   Reply With Quote