Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old September 11, 2013   #1
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Dear Carolyn, I was enjoying an orange Minsk heart tomato grown from the seed you sent
and was thinking of you. So glad that things look like they are healing and that your health has improved. Here's hoping your "flecks" in the other kidney remain where they are and cause you no further trouble.

Karen From Canada who can grow Carolyn's tomatoes even on the "tundra" as you say
take good care
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2013   #2
cooklady18
Tomatovillian™

Dear Carolyn: Good to see that you are still posting. Glenn has been concerned about you and sent an e-mail yesterday. Had me check here to see what was going on. His cell phone fried about a month ago and he lost all of his telephone numbers. If you have his cell phone number, please give him a call. Anytime after 4:00 PM central time is good. Otherwise, you can give us a call at our home phone number. I think I may have your phone number at the office, but haven't gone down there yet today. Take care. Linda D.
cooklady18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2013   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooklady18 View Post
Dear Carolyn: Good to see that you are still posting. Glenn has been concerned about you and sent an e-mail yesterday. Had me check here to see what was going on. His cell phone fried about a month ago and he lost all of his telephone numbers. If you have his cell phone number, please give him a call. Anytime after 4:00 PM central time is good. Otherwise, you can give us a call at our home phone number. I think I may have your phone number at the office, but haven't gone down there yet today. Take care. Linda D.
Yes Linda, I'm still quite alive and posting, the stent put in on Aug 29th at surgery was removed this past Monday and to see you post here is making me laugh quite a bit, however I must say I do appreciate your concerns.

Glenn did e-mail me from school yesterday but I spent most of the time cowering under the covers b'c of very strong T-storms that just kept going and going.

I don't have his cell number but will answer his e-mail of yesterday with my home number and since he probably has more minutes than I do, with no cell phone for me, blocked here, I'll let him call me if that's OK with him.

I was sleeping late when my front door just opened and I heard a man's voice and it turned out to be Steve from Agway delivering kitty litter, and birdie related stuff, so now I'm up and the game plan for this weekend is Davis Cup tennis on TV with time out to catch up on bills and the like/

I knew you were a member here but no way could I ever have thought of your user name.

Carolyn,noting to others that the post above is from Linda/ Glenn Drowns of Sandhill Preservation.
Old September 13, 2013   #4
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Yes Linda, I'm still quite alive and posting, the stent put in on Aug 29th at surgery was removed this past Monday and to see you post here is making me laugh quite a bit, however I must say I do appreciate your concerns.

Glenn did e-mail me from school yesterday but I spent most of the time cowering under the covers b'c of very strong T-storms that just kept going and going.

I don't have his cell number but will answer his e-mail of yesterday with my home number and since he probably has more minutes than I do, with no cell phone for me, blocked here, I'll let him call me if that's OK with him.

I was sleeping late when my front door just opened and I heard a man's voice and it turned out to be Steve from Agway delivering kitty litter, and birdie related stuff, so now I'm up and the game plan for this weekend is Davis Cup tennis on TV with time out to catch up on bills and the like/

I knew you were a member here but no way could I ever have thought of your user name.

Carolyn,noting to others that the post above is from Linda/ Glenn Drowns of Sandhill Preservation but please do NOT contact Sandhill by PMing Linda. Contact info for Sandhill is at their website as well as in their catalog. Thanks.
Old September 16, 2013   #5
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post

Carolyn,noting to others that the post above is from Linda/ Glenn Drowns of Sandhill Preservation but please do NOT contact Sandhill by PMing Linda. Contact info for Sandhill is at their website as well as in their catalog. Thanks.
Hello Ms. Carolyn and Everyone
I am so glad you are doing well, and it's good that everyone is still here. You'll is like my Tomato Family. It good to be back.
Farmer, Joyce Beggs
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2013   #6
bower
Tomatovillian™

Hi Carolyn, the remnants of Gabrielle that brought you T storms are making it ridiculously hot and humid here today, like July weather.
Glad to hear the stent is out, and that it went well!
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2013   #7
Diriel
Tomatovillian™

... Just wow! Sounds like you are far from bored!
Diriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2013   #8
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

You are a Blessing to us all Ms. Carolyn
You are also Blessed with a "positive attitude" as well.
Old September 27, 2013   #9
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn
God always provides for good people who take great joy in the talents he gave us all and also with the safe keeping of the world agricultural responsibilities you have shared with all of us. I was just thinking this morning how much I have learned from you and others over the years. Especially, helping many people who have received “pure joy to eat the foods they grew-up with” because of Great People like you and all other's pioneers of preserving our food history. I give you the credit for my successful year of sell-out before I even got the chance to advertise. I sold out of Heirloom Tomatoes and heirloom vegetables for the first time. For some heirloom Varieties of squashes I had to grow a second crop “which is going well” just for the seeds. Please let me know if I can do anything for you. It’s time for me to get back to work. I just want to thank you.
Old September 27, 2013   #10
bower
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn, I hope the knee can be fixed without any surgery!

Knees are terribly sensitive to any blow and to all kinds of stress, but if not broken sometimes they can be mended with TLC: rest, hydrotherapy with cold or heat depending on the condition, and specific exercise prescribed by a physiotherapist.

I have never been to a physio myself, but have seen my mom work through several very disabling conditions by following the exercises she was given. A lot of effort but of course, well worth it, as it eventually put an end to the pain and disability.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2013   #11
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
Carolyn, I hope the knee can be fixed without any surgery!

Knees are terribly sensitive to any blow and to all kinds of stress, but if not broken sometimes they can be mended with TLC: rest, hydrotherapy with cold or heat depending on the condition, and specific exercise prescribed by a physiotherapist.

I have never been to a physio myself, but have seen my mom work through several very disabling conditions by following the exercises she was given. A lot of effort but of course, well worth it, as it eventually put an end to the pain and disability.
Trust me, there won't BE any surgery. I've had it with that and I'd still have to use a walker anyway.

Next week Howard picks me up for that visit to the local doc and when we get back to my home I'm going to call and see if I can get an appt with my ortho surgeon, mainly for the hip rechecks but also to ask about the knee. Having Howard here with his appt book is necessary when i call.

The PT person thought it was either osteo arthrits OR tendinitis. And the county nurse and the home health aide both suggested frozen pea applications.

So we shall see.

Carolyn
Old September 27, 2013   #12
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJustice View Post
Carolyn
God always provides for good people who take great joy in the talents he gave us all and also with the safe keeping of the world agricultural responsibilities you have shared with all of us. I was just thinking this morning how much I have learned from you and others over the years. Especially, helping many people who have received “pure joy to eat the foods they grew-up with” because of Great People like you and all other's pioneers of preserving our food history. I give you the credit for my successful year of sell-out before I even got the chance to advertise. I sold out of Heirloom Tomatoes and heirloom vegetables for the first time. For some heirloom Varieties of squashes I had to grow a second crop “which is going well” just for the seeds. Please let me know if I can do anything for you. It’s time for me to get back to work. I just want to thank you.
Joyce, thanks for the very kind words and I know you meant them for so many other persons who post here and try to help others as well.

Carolyn
Old September 27, 2013   #13
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn hang in there.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2013   #14
Mashman
Tomatovillian™

Ditto what Worth said.

Michael
Mashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8, 2013   #15
dustdevil
Tomatovillian™

Does Horse gram help in eliminating Kidney Stones?

Kidney stones are a painful condition and caused due to deposits of Oxalates. Taking a diet with low amounts of calcium and phosphorus is recommended if you have kidney stones. Horse gram is recommended for treating kidney stones in India. Soak about 4 teaspoons of Horse gram in approximately 1.5 cups of water overnight and drink the water in the water on an empty stomach the next morning. You can add the same amount of water to the horse gram again and let it soak and can drink the water in the afternoon and repeat this and drink in the evening as well. Taking horse gram water this way for 2-3 months will help in completely eliminating the kidney stones. The horse gram water has diuretic properties and dissolves the kidney stones. Diuretics increase the elimination of water from the body.

http://www.innovateus.net/food/what-...its-horse-gram
dustdevil is offline   Reply With Quote