Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old September 8, 2010   #31
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

His web host has some "Terms of Service" that he needs to read again. Here's an excerpt from the TOS he had to sign up for.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You agree to not use the Service to:

1. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
2. harm minors in any way;
3. impersonate any person or entity.
4. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
5. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
6. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
7. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping) that are designated for such purpose ;
8. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
9. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that is of broadcast / streaming types.
10. interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
11. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
12. provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
13. "stalk" or otherwise harass another; and/or
14. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise material for the purposes of file distribution, relay, or streaming reasons.
15. collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs 1 through 14 above.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I really think he should do a rethink of his position.

Ted
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2010   #32
frdmfrc
Tomatovillian™

I've added a reply as well to his blog. He seems to be a bit thick-headed so I doubt most comments will appear nor will they do much good. I'm sure it won't take anyone too long to figure him out and see his true colors and his business will suffer as such.
frdmfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2010   #33
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Zana,

Thank you so much for your testimonial, I really appreciate it. You are very kind!

Everyone - thank you for making Remy feel better, and for making me feel like I was not completely insane when I brought up the issue 2 weeks ago.

Folks who sent me personal emails - that was very sweet and kind of you, thank you so making me feel good about what I have been doing with TOMATObase. I almost cried when I read some of your emails (nothing bad - I was just a bit over-flooded with good emotions)

Folks who were asking why I still have Dr. Tomato on my seed vendor list: This is what I have on my website on Dr. Tomato page - until he fixes the copyright issues: http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/D...o_Seed_Company.
I honestly hoped that he would make things right and his vendor page can be restored. There is still hope I guess.

Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2010   #34
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLorentz View Post
Tania,

I think someone should say something on Idig as well.Clearly Tom has no ethics. I would really love to see him try to pull this with pics and info from Burpee or some other well known company like them and see how fast he ends up in court. Also the Garden Watchdog top five banner is also on Tom's site again.

Kevin
Kevin, I'll transfer both threads here about Dr. Tomato to idig when I get a chance. I agree that at this point as many folks as possible should know about him.

I went to Google and found his website before some of you gave me the link, and yes, he does use info from my book so that gives me an opportunity to e-mail him, not that others don't as well.

I will also comment on all the wrong info given for many varieties, mine, if you will, to start with, and then others that have wrong info. His sourcing Todd County Amish to Ohio can only be from Amishland where Lisa has misrepresented both Todd County Amish and Amish Potato leaf, both varities sent to me by Doug Wallace of MN who also posts here.

I got caught off guard at first, b'c there's no separate lilnk to PINK tomatoes and the REDS are a mish mash of reds and pinks and also a bicolor. And some in that list are not Ided as to red OR pink.

But right now I have more weightier problems to deal with here at home, so will post when I can and em Tom when I can.
Old September 8, 2010   #35
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Kevin,

He no longer has 'Top 5' banner, which is what he had originally - having a link and a generic Watchdog banner is OK., as it does not misrepresent him.

Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2010   #36
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

It appears that the problem has been solved by the company hosting his website. Somebody must have alerted them to a problem with one of their clients or something.

Ted
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2010   #37
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

http://blog.seacoasteatlocal.org/201...hire-magazine/

same guy here?
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2010   #38
heirloomdaddy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
It appears that the problem has been solved by the company hosting his website. Somebody must have alerted them to a problem with one of their clients or something.

Ted
well played!!! That is rad.
heirloomdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2010   #39
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILMNET View Post
No he is someone different. There seems to be a few guys using that moniker.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2010   #40
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

I'd use the moniker Dr Love...Apple, but I'd likely have to KISS the bank account away.

Trmat
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2010   #41
tjg911
Tomatovillian™

for the life of me i can't see this guy's website via the link that was posted for carolyn or doing a google search. i do see the blog and he's a putz.

remy and tania don't let this pimple on a mosquitoes a$$ bother you. suffice to say he will get no one from tv to ever buy anything from him. since i can't see his website i wonder if he has a catalog he'd mail upon request? if so perhaps over the next 2 weeks (not all at once or he'll catch on) we could ask for a catalog? the cost of the catalog and shipping say 500 of them will be pay back for him.

see there is a silver lining in this mess for both tania and remy. maybe i'm the last to know but i had no idea anyone here sold seeds! now i know both of you do and next time i need to buy seeds for any vegetables i will check both your websites and order from you.

cheer up guys the world is filled with jerks, we can't let them get us down!

tom

i just added both your sites to my "seed companies" folder in my favorites.
And he’s gotta be fast
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life
tjg911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2010   #42
mmcd75
Tomatovillian™

It looks like his site is down. The link listed above doesn't work and neither does the link from his blog. Hopefully the problem has been taken care of.
mmcd75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2010   #43
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjg911 View Post
for the life of me i can't see this guy's website via the link that was posted for carolyn or doing a google search. i do see the blog and he's a putz.

remy and tania don't let this pimple on a mosquitoes a$$ bother you. suffice to say he will get no one from tv to ever buy anything from him. since i can't see his website i wonder if he has a catalog he'd mail upon request? if so perhaps over the next 2 weeks (not all at once or he'll catch on) we could ask for a catalog? the cost of the catalog and shipping say 500 of them will be pay back for him.

see there is a silver lining in this mess for both tania and remy. maybe i'm the last to know but i had no idea anyone here sold seeds! now i know both of you do and next time i need to buy seeds for any vegetables i will check both your websites and order from you.

cheer up guys the world is filled with jerks, we can't let them get us down!

tom

i just added both your sites to my "seed companies" folder in my favorites.
I believe someone turned him in for violation of his terms of service with his hosting company. (I did not do this, nor Tania.)
I try to(and I think Tania too) not make it a big deal about selling seeds. We come here because we love tomatoes and all the great conversation from everyone here. I've made a lot of friends here.
I never want to be one of those creepy people who tries to hawk product on their friends.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2010   #44
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcd75 View Post
It looks like his site is down. The link listed above doesn't work and neither does the link from his blog. Hopefully the problem has been taken care of.
As I type this message, the blogspot blog is still up, and so is the entry entitled "Deceptive Seed Companies" - and yes, I cleared cache, etc.

However, I do see that the other two sites - the so-called "seed bank", and the main website are now down at this time. They either redirect to some vague/random search results for tomato seeds and/or http://err.000webhost.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drtomatoblog1.jpg (108.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg drtomatoblog2.jpg (72.9 KB, 20 views)
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2010   #45
cleo88
Tomatovillian™

Had I come across this toad's blast about Deceptive Seed Companies without having read this thread, I would have dismissed him as an idiot anyway. I don't care if he's a farmer - if you have a web site, you should learn how to spell. Not to mention the fact that he was all ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫y.

I love both tatianastomatobase and The Sample Seed Shop, and I will continue to patronize both until they pry that trowel out of my cold dead hands.
cleo88 is offline   Reply With Quote