Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old November 22, 2012   #31
JohnWayne
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonRossy View Post
Please tell Carolyn everyone is waiting for her to get back online! Here and elsewhere! We miss her sense of humor and knowledge!
Sharon
Wish her happy thanksgiving!

Yea ! What Sharon said !
JohnWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2012   #32
mrdoitall
Tomatovillian™

I hope she is back up and running soon. I don't know if I could make it that long without my PC.
mrdoitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2012   #33
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

I'm having internet withdrawals for her
Old November 28, 2012   #34
tam91
Tomatovillian™

I miss her too

Any word on when she will be back online?
Old November 30, 2012   #35
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam91 View Post
I miss her too

Any word on when she will be back online?
I'm back but have no idea what I'm doing, really, b/c eveything is so diffent. And o hope i can remkember how to turn it off and on agAIN.

There are two folks I'd like to thank. Fotsy Wayne. my com[uter guy who I called on Veterna Day after the traunsitir whnet sunday night, but he had his SIL on one hospital one hour away and his mother was in an amublance on her way to the hospital one hr in the other =driecftion. I'm making lots of mistakes in typing right now. dofferent angle of keybourad and pressue or keysd. so I have to go very slowly. It wasn't tintil the next Sat that he got back to me and we discussed my needs and i nexed a laptop as well as gping witrless even though all it would take was utting an antennea on my DSL rouhter.

I also nixed an ipad for vatious freasons and since I'd hAD NOproblwms qith my Delll put in on 2005 by wtnwy thAT'S WHat I decided on and with input from both Waybe and Mischka, aka CrAIG. Mny of you know, features they thought i should hAVE NECESSITATIED cuatomnized computer. Wayne ordered it, billed yo me, and it came alst night and he's taken my dead tower with the burnt transitor, was able to burn a whatever and saved all my info, but cALLED ME LAST NIGHT TO GET MY aol PASSOWRD, FOUBND SOME INCOMPATIBILITIES B'C i Was going from Windows XP to 7 ( nu cjouilice) and he had to go from AOL 9 to 9.7 .

He was supposded to come tomorrow AM but cALLED FROM work and saID HE WOULD COME LATE TOD AY SINCE HIS sol HAD BEEN READ admitted to the hospital, she hAS TERMINAL conCWER, AND ISN'T EXPECTED TO live thru tonight.

I keep buildonng up this keyboard so I make less ,istakes but so far ist hasm't helped much.So thinks to Wayne and mischka here i am but I have over 300 e-mails to deal with and I didn't even check my PM's yet.

wayne cAOOED E THE4 Day after T-day t0 say it had been shipped and then i swa2w pictures of that 100 car pileup in TX and there was an 18 wheel semi with Fedex on it and Iknew that my comuter was being shipped from TX, so you cAN IMagine my thjouhhts.

My borthier is regiatered herem said a few foks missed jme abd said it had turbed ibnto A THREAD ON COMPUTERSM which NUAED ME GREATKL.

ReAD whAT YOU Cn b'cI'm in no moode to go back and correct anything right now, that's for sure.

So forgive me for that.

I can't te;; ypu j hpw much I missed so many of you and when my mpnitor wehnt black all I couod think of was losong touvh withe so many of you and I was in the middkle of soje variety descriotions and seed offers with several folks.

And yes, Wayne gave me the np smoling lecture again, but t was the burnt transitor that was the major problem but I tolkd him a good froend was sending me so Nicorette gum, hint, hint, and I expected to taper off by late dec toe arly jan,

OK, I just figured out tyhat the kebprad is smaller than my other one and thatg's why I'm having problems. I'll get used to it.

Good friends are precious and there are mAny of yu here tyhAT i PUT IN THAT Ctrekgiry.

Few folks have my home phone number but sojme did call.

OK, I've spent about 30 min doing this flwaed post so time to shut up and stRT WITH MY E-MAILS FORST, THEN THE pM'S, THEN the various other ploaces i go to see if I can log in,

Happy readihng folks, just bear with me until I cN DO BETTER with this keyborad.
Old November 30, 2012   #36
tam91
Tomatovillian™

Yay!!! Welcome back! It hasn't been the same here without you
Old November 30, 2012   #37
Idahowoman
Tomatovillian™

Glad to see you back. I've missed you.
Susan
Idahowoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2012   #38
bird1
Tomatovillian™

Welcome back!
bird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2012   #39
Farmette
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn, its great to have you back. And yes, I pretty much understood everything you wrote, probably because I just went through the whole new smaller keyboard (hence alot of creative spelling ) thing.
You are lucky to have such a nice computer guy and its sad he and his family have had such a bad month. Please tell him we are all grateful that he could get you back online. And thankyou, Mischka, for helping out too. Chris
Farmette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2012   #40
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Yes Welcome back! I HATE getting new computers. I have had to use them for work and every couple of years seem to need a new one. For these kids, I guess no big deal but my learning curve for new technical stuff is not good!
I smoked ( a lot) for 40 years and quit over three years ago. I used Prozak, nicotine patches and prayer and recommend all three highly. I wish you success in quiting!
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2012   #41
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Welcome back

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2012   #42
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

WeCOLm BAk!

STEv
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2012   #43
kath
Tomatovillian™

Happy to see that you're back, Carolyn- it wasn't the same without you. It must've felt like an eternity for you.
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2012   #44
maf
Tomatovillian™

Welcome back Carolyn.

As an ex-smoker, I can tell you that giving up is only difficult for the first two or three years!
maf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2012   #45
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Welcome Back Caroline,

You were definitely missed in more ways than one! Glad to see that you're duking it out with your new keyboard....take no prisoners.....you'll conquer it soon.

Zana
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote