Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 9, 2015   #406
daninpd
Tomatovillian™

Gary, I don't know who you know at the USPS, but my package got here in California today-that's 2 days (sometimes my Netflix movies take 2 days to get here and their shipping point is 100 miles away). What a nice surprise! And what a bunch of nice surprises in the package. Good thing the weekend is coming, It's going to take two days to research all of the varieties I've never heard of- and you knocked several very hard to find varieties off my wish list. I'm definitely going to have to add another row to the garden this year. Thank you very much!
Old January 9, 2015   #407
Churnoble
Tomatovillian™

Got mine too. Thanks so much to Gary and everyone who sent seeds in.
Churnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2015   #408
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

Arrived today. Thanks to everyone, but especially to you, Gary.
dfollett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2015   #409
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Default 2014 Mostly Mystery 'Mater Mailing

Aw shucks, my husband is on mandatory over time both days this weekend. What the heck am I going to do all alone for two whole days, just me and a bubble mailer full of seeds....

Thank you all for contributing seeds, and thank you Gary for juggling them all (and kicking in seeds as well -- I'm seeing a lot of those little pink slips in the pile). I can't wait to start sorting!
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2015   #410
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

A few more today...

CA C Ga
CA G Ha
CA N St

I think that's nearly all of the southerners having packages going out, although the above may be northern California.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2015   #411
KathyDC
Tomatovillian™

Received in good order! Thank you again Gary! As always, overwhelmed and delighted.
KathyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2015   #412
beachwreck
Tomatovillian™

WooHoo!!!!

Christmas in January!

Gary, thank you in for all the hard work you do! You have turned a dull January into an exciting one.
beachwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2015   #413
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

I got my seeds, too. Thank you very much.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2015   #414
rwsacto
Tomatovillian™

Seeds made it all the way to Californy

Thanks
rwsacto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2015   #415
salix
Tomatovillian™

That huge package of seeds arrived today - only 5 days! I should have been forewarned by all the previous recipients, but honestly, I was truly amazed at what I received. Such beautiful beans, I took pictures of everything, just so I can remember the awesome sight. Gary, thank you so much, it must have been such an undertaking. Loving all the different packets, I feel so much closer to all of you...

P. S. I think you may have taken a small hit on the out-of-country postage, I am going to send you more $$.

PPS And amazing to see how many of the "wish list" varieties were included. Gary, you MUST have had a system...

Last edited by salix; January 13, 2015 at 12:57 AM.
salix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2015   #416
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Seeds arrived Saturday, and thank you Gary and everyone. Another fantastic swap, amazing.

I was feeling a little empty having finished packing up my son to go back to college, waiting to leave for the trip back. Noticed the big fat manilla envelope stuffed with seed packets and started to leave with a vengeance. Lets go I'm busy, I've got things to do !! I was so exited I literally lost mind and forgot to take a bunch of stuff, like a first aid kit needed that same night!

I didn't send a want list, and Gary did a mind boggeling job of sending me varieties I didn't already have from the prior years. Lots of beans to try too. Now to go back and read all the posts and learn about growing beans.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2015   #417
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Received the goodie package today - that was fast.. I'm gobsmacked - thanks Gary and everyone who contributed! In addition to my wish list, I was especially glad to see new-to-me black varieties that are not so common - Margaret Curtain is something I had read about and wanted to try one day. And those interesting multi-color ones... THANKS!
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2015   #418
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Default Wowwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

So do you want to know the definition of cruel and unusual punishment.......i received my seeds last night and was only able to open them, not look through them, because i had to go back to work until 11pm last night. All i want to do is pour them out of the bubble mailer and start exploring however i have to wait until 5pm tonight to do so. Ahhhhhhh. Thanks again Gary and everyone for what looks to be a thousand varieties in my bubble mailer. Not to mention plenty of pepper seeds also. Just amazing. Thanks.

Garrett
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2015   #419
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Going out today...

CAN G Fe
CAN P Lo
CAN S Sq
CAN A Tu
IL B Bu
IN B Ba
NC L Pu
NJ A Ko
VA J J Je
VA L Ra

There's about 3 more tomato participants to go, hopefully on Wednesday. I need to Czech on one postal rate.

After that, about 15 who are in on both the tomatoes and beans, which may take a week or two (after looking at one 120 variety bean wish list, not in alphabetical order).
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2015   #420
bower
Tomatovillian™

Happy day.
Excuses to check the post box in winter... necessary! It's a good thing seeds don't mind being chilled as much as I do.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote