Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old June 21, 2016   #376
HudsonValley
Tomatovillian™

I'm getting a REALLY early start selecting some of next year's varieties that will be new to me, while I wait for this season's fruitlets to grow and ripen... Of the varieties I ordered, I'm most looking forward to Purpur Konig, Waltingers Fleisch aus Indien, Sungold Select, and Hoskins-Barger. Seems like a good time of year to shop -- quite a few varieties of seeds were on sale.

My order came with a hand-written note from Ellie and some sample packs, which are greatly appreciated! But I might have to use code names on the plant tags for Goatbag and Girl Girl's Weird Thing. My friends and family already think my new tomato hobby is strange enough!
HudsonValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2016   #377
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonValley View Post
I'm getting a REALLY early start selecting some of next year's varieties that will be new to me, while I wait for this season's fruitlets to grow and ripen... Of the varieties I ordered, I'm most looking forward to Purpur Konig, Waltingers Fleisch aus Indien, Sungold Select, and Hoskins-Barger. Seems like a good time of year to shop -- quite a few varieties of seeds were on sale.

My order came with a hand-written note from Ellie and some sample packs, which are greatly appreciated! But I might have to use code names on the plant tags for Goatbag and Girl Girl's Weird Thing. My friends and family already think my new tomato hobby is strange enough!
I haven't grown goatbag yet, but you're going to just love GGWT, its absolutely gorgeous, productive, and a 9/10 for taste. There's a thread or 2 here for it, you can see photos.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2016   #378
HudsonValley
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the review and tip; I'll look for the other threads, Ginger2778!
HudsonValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2016   #379
parah
Tomatovillian™

I love the little seed envelopes that Heritage Tomato Seed uses. The easy open / reusable seed envelopes are fantastic. I hope other seed sellers will catch up... someday.
parah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2016   #380
Patihum
Tomatovillian™

Ellie, Bunny Hop Seeds, has been adding new varieties including Frog Princess! I admit that I'm a sucker for a name like that. A few of the new ones are in limited supply so check them out now.

Last edited by Patihum; July 29, 2016 at 09:07 PM.
Patihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27, 2016   #381
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by parah View Post
I love the little seed envelopes that Heritage Tomato Seed uses. The easy open / reusable seed envelopes are fantastic. I hope other seed sellers will catch up... someday.
parah,

Thank your the mention/feedback. I also prefer the paper coin envelopes for personal use but the weight makes them problematic for international shipping. When we get an international order with more than just a few of my (Heritage Seed Market) varieties, Ellie has to repackage them into the lighter plastic zips before she ships them. Even though we have increased our international shipping rates to an outrageous $6.95, it doesn’t begin to pay for the extra time Ellie spends on repackaging/relabeling my coin-envelope seeds. The only other option is to use bubble mailers but those require a custom form and the shipping rate would require us to increase our international rate yet again.

Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27, 2016   #382
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Default Heritage Seed Market 2016 Fall Update

Good news for all fellow seed addicts!

Ted (Muddy Bucket Farm) has started listing his 2017 seed offerings here.
Ted has some exciting new varieties and will be adding to his list thoughout September. Ted had a fantastic season!

Ellie (Bunny Hop Seeds) has already listed most of her 2017 varieties here. in addition to her tomatoes she has added 27 pepper varieties! As always, her photos and descriptions are amazing!

Even though Ted and Ellie are inspirational, I (Heritage Tomato Seed) am a slacker and will be listing my varieties in late October/November.

Heritage Seed Market might, or might not, be adding another vendor or two this season. Ellie, who does all of the HSM shipping, and most of our product listing, is currently working on another(!) doctorate degree so she will be very busy crafting her dissertation this year. We will have to limit her “tomato play time” to assure she gets more than 2 hours of sleep nightly.

Again, thank you to all of you for your continued patronage, it is greatly appreciated!

Steve (Heritage Tomato Seed) @
Heritage Seed Market
Old August 29, 2016   #383
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage View Post
Good news for all fellow seed addicts!

Ted (Muddy Bucket Farm) has started listing his 2017 seed offerings here.
Ted has some exciting new varieties and will be adding to his list thoughout September. Ted had a fantastic season!

Ellie (Bunny Hop Seeds) has already listed most of her 2017 varieties here. in addition to her tomatoes she has added 27 pepper varieties! As always, her photos and descriptions are amazing!

Even though Ted and Ellie are inspirational, I (Heritage Tomato Seed) am a slacker and will be listing my varieties in late October/November.

Heritage Seed Market might, or might not, be adding another vendor or two this season. Ellie, who does all of the HSM shipping, and most of our product listing, is currently working on another(!) doctorate degree so she will be very busy crafting her dissertation this year. We will have to limit her “tomato play time” to assure she gets more than 2 hours of sleep nightly.

Again, thank you to all of you for your continued patronage, it is greatly appreciated!

Steve (Heritage Tomato Seed) @
Heritage Seed Market
And I'm more than delightd since until now I could not access your site Steve,and was going to call you about it,BUT, as of this AM I can do that and took a look at both Ellie and Ted's listings,some surprises, yes, and I'd have to go back and look again,but I thought I saw some overlap in Ellie's and Ted's listings.

Will check that out eventually.

And now when I Google I can move to page 2, etc.no problem, and I'm here not with Mozilla,if anyone remembers the thread I put up about that.

Carolyn
Old August 30, 2016   #384
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

I seriously love the descriptions! If Ellie is writing them, they are marvellous!!!!
SharonRossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31, 2016   #385
seasyde
Tomatovillian™

Just wanted to give a thumbs up for great service. I ordered Saturday and the seeds were in my mailbox on the opposite side of the country on Tuesday! Well packaged and a bonus to boot! Thanks
seasyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2016   #386
Patihum
Tomatovillian™

Checked in at Bunny Hop Seeds today and found that Ellie has added a few eggplants to the mix! She even makes suggestions on possible recipes.
Patihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2016   #387
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

What's up with the Heritage web site? I have been trying for two days, and I have gotten one page to open. It looks like it would be one of the most impressive seed collections I have seen...if the site would just work. Even if they are on a free web host, it should still work better than it is.

http://heritageseedmarket.com/index....nny-hop-seeds/

I am sorry, but we are unable to connect to the page you requested. It seems that the hosting server (where this site is located) is down
Error details
  • Error Code: HTTP 504
  • Error Message: Backend or gateway connection timeout.
  • Server ID: cp14006
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2016   #388
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
What's up with the Heritage web site? I have been trying for two days, and I have gotten one page to open. It looks like it would be one of the most impressive seed collections I have seen...if the site would just work. Even if they are on a free web host, it should still work better than it is.

I am sorry, but we are unable to connect to the page you requested. It seems that the hosting server (where this site is located) is down
Error details
Using your link above to Bunny Hop seeds it came up fine for me,all 227 listings from Ellie.

Just to be sure I did it again and nada,not even any error message.

The same thing happened to me last year and I have Steve's em addy and was going to contact him,but since I don't buy seeds, they find me,I never did, and I didn't take the time to see if Container Ted's offerings came up either.

And from the list of sites at Heritage that came up first,I could not access any of them either.

Carolyn
Old October 21, 2016   #389
clara
Tomatovillian™

I always use this:

http://heritageseedmarket.com

and never had any problems.
clara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2016   #390
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post

Error details
Hi Cole_Robbie,

Thank you for the heads up. That is the error message you will see when the site is offline. I have been doing server updates the last week and have taken the site offline for a few minutes at a time during the updates. Possibly, you visited the site when the server was down and your browser has cached the error page. If you "refresh" the page (or clear your browser cache) the problem should resolve. Please PM me if the error persists and we'll figure it out

Clara and Carolyn... thanks for the troubleshooting help

Steve

Last edited by Heritage; October 21, 2016 at 05:21 PM.