Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 17, 2011   #286
TheLoud
Tomatovillian™

My seeds arrived today, and wow! I think I got most of the things on my wish list, plus a whole lot of other interesting things. We'll be turning more lawn into tomato garden for these. Thanks!
TheLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2011   #287
O.P. Mater
Tomatovillian™

Heather......the seeds arrived in today's mail! Thank you so much for your time and effort in putting this together. I am thrilled with the seeds and will be researching the varieties tonight to find out "who they are"......:-) Thanks also to everyone who sent in seeds to the swap. They will be putting down roots in rich red SC soil in the spring.
O.P. Mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2011   #288
huntoften
Tomatovillian™

My head is spinning!

I am speechless...so many from my wish list and so many that I'm super excited to grow.

Thank you soooooooooo much for doing this again...can't wait until next year!!!!
Old December 20, 2011   #289
owiebrain
Tomatovillian™

I saw that huntoften got his yesterday and, knowing that he lives just across the state from me and that our packs were mailed out the same day, I got a wee bit excited.

So, today, I caught the flash of the mailtruck out of the corner of my eye. I dropped the checkbook and taxes I was paying (I have my priorities, afterall) and flew out the door in my flipflops. Our backyard is still trying to grow grass after being graded last year so we have temporary (slippery when wet) metal walkways to the driveway. And it's raining. And I'm wearing flipflops.

Splat.

I think I broke my head. One side of my lower lip looks like Angelina Jolie. Ow.

But I'm so excited! I'm thrilled with the selection!! Thanks to everyone who pitched in to make it great and especially to the grand orchestrator of it all!

CrackpotHippie.com
owiebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2011   #290
nicky
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the giggle! I hope your head is OK & you can still see straight enough to enjoy your seeds!

You took my mind off of waiting for my own mailman for at least 6 seconds! Poor fella must think I have the biggest crush on him - everytime he walks in my office door I leap up with a huge grin! As soon as he turns to leave my face falls . Poor fella - just wait until he actually brings me the golden package!

Cheers

nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2011   #291
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the updates everyone.

Ouch!....I never dreamed there might be a few injuries in the process. Owiebrain...you made me laugh...but I hope you're ok. I hope you don't take this the wrong way...but I couldn't help but see irony in your comment "I think I broke my head" and the fact that your screenname is "owiebrain"...LOL.

note to self...next year..have everyone sign waivers in case of personal injury......ha ha
hmacdona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2011   #292
nicky
Tomatovillian™

Yay! I got my package!!!

Thank you so much Heather. I love them all! The varieties are amazing (thanks to everyone who participated). I love looking at all of the different package shapes & writing. It is like a tomato seed time capsule!

Thanks again
nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2011   #293
guruofgardens
Tomatovillian™

OH . . . MY . . . GOD!! (she says jumping up and down) when hubby comes in with the mail. I am truly astonished at the wonderful assortment of both tomatoes and hot peppers and even eggplant that have been shared with everyone. So many of you have been extra generous to share your bounties and let us experience the wonder of different fruits.

Thank you to all who participated, and extra special thanks to Heather, who has given the participants extra special Christmas gifts. May the next Exchange be just as great in 2012!
guruofgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2011   #294
elmtree3
Tomatovillian™

Hi Heather...got my package in the mail yesterday. I think I got everything on my wishlist PLUS alot more I want to grow......but didn't know about until yesterday! Thanks to you Heather, and everyone involved. This is my 3rd year in the swap and I'm in it for Life! (or as long as Heather can handle ALL this work) Thanks. Elmtree3 (WI EL J)

Last edited by elmtree3; December 23, 2011 at 03:24 AM.
elmtree3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2011   #295
Idahowoman
Tomatovillian™

Heather I just went out and got my mail.
There was my package.
I had to quickly open it up and see what was inside.
Thank you so much for all the work you went through looking through my list
and giving me so much variety.
I am very happy.
Thanks alot
Susan
Idahowoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2011   #296
lurley
Tomatovillian™

I am speechless! Well not quite I am absolutely amazed! I will be up all night looking up all these pepper varieties I've never heard of....WOW, just WOW! Thank you so much to everyone and to Heather for putting it all together.
lurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2011   #297
eddie46
Tomatovillian™

Heather,

Received my seeds today. Had no idea the varity would be this large. I will have the winter to look all these up. Fantastic work you do and sincerely thank you.

Merry Christmas and best regards,

Ed
eddie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2011   #298
austinnhanasmom
Tomatovillian™

THANKS Heather and participants for another great swap!!

Love the selection and can't wait to try these out! I appreciate the effort Heather - thanks for hosting again!

Happy Holidays and Happy Gardening -

Deb
austinnhanasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2011   #299
owiebrain
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky View Post
Thanks for the giggle! I hope your head is OK & you can still see straight enough to enjoy your seeds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmacdona View Post
Ouch!....I never dreamed there might be a few injuries in the process. Owiebrain...you made me laugh...but I hope you're ok. I hope you don't take this the wrong way...but I couldn't help but see irony in your comment "I think I broke my head" and the fact that your screenname is "owiebrain"...LOL.
I bounce well.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

CrackpotHippie.com
owiebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2011   #300
HappyLittleAcreMark
Tomatovillian™

Default got my package!

Heather, I got my package. Thanks so much for all of your hard work.

I don't have the packages in front of me, but wanted to sincerely thank the members that provided so many bonuses! I have soooo many peppers to try out now! I'm super excited.
HappyLittleAcreMark is offline   Reply With Quote