Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Old April 20, 2015   #16
gvozdika
Tomatovillian™

Does anybody use this on tomato plants as a spray? I made a batch but now I'm a little bit reluctant to spray it on my tomatoes.
Old April 21, 2015   #17
Lindalana
Tomatovillian™

Not only I use it on my tomatoes all the time, I drink it and give some to my dogs as well LOL
I buy mother culture from SCD and make my own batches. Loving it. Plants loving it. One needs to dilute it for spraying though. I use Smiling gardener calculator and follow his suggestions on foliar sprays.http://www.smilinggardener.com/sale/...scd-probiotics
Lindalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2015   #18
gvozdika
Tomatovillian™

That's great to hear. When do you spray your plants? I've never sprayed my tomato plants before, so please bear with me

Thanks for the link, I should read it carefully. Here are the proportions I got:
1/4 cup of rice wash with 2 1/2 cups of milk (1:10) resulted in about 2 cups of Lactobacillus serum.
1 Tbsp of serum with 1 1/4 cups of water (1:20) = 21 Tbsp of inoculant
After that I've seen different suggestions:
2-3 Tbsp of inoculant per 1 liter of water gives us about 1:700 - 1:450 serum to water or 1:30 - 1:20 inoculant to water
2-4 Tbsp per 1 Gallon gives us about 1:2600 - 1:1300 serum to water or 1:128 - 1:64 inoculant to water
Quite a spread!
1 cup = 16 Tbsp
1 Tbsp = 15 ml
Old April 22, 2015   #19
Lindalana
Tomatovillian™

Here is what Phil, smiling gardener writes about rice water. I started with this but currently switched to EM as it contains Lactobacillus and more. I used about 1/2 tsp serum per gallon of non chlorinated water and spray it all over- plants, seedlings, soil etc.
http://www.smilinggardener.com/soil-...rden-inoculant
If one has large gardens or many seedlings it gets to be time consuming to spray everything separately so when I brew AACT- aerated compost tea, right before application I add small amount of EM to it.
Lindalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2015   #20
Karrr_Luda
Tomatovillian™

Default Liquid EM

Made some liquid EM with rice water late last year - in August and used a tsp per 5 gallons of water to water some plants. Didn't notice if that did anything or not. I used diluted EM to water my compost pile and was pleasantly surprised to find it was ready much sooner than usual. Making some liquid EM right now.

Thank you Tania for the anti fusarium/blight tip!! Will have to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
Anyone tried this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGMxntms35k

The brew is supposed to be very effective for building soil and helping to reduce pathogens.

Tatiana