Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for the various methods and structures used for getting an early start on your growing season, extending it for several weeks or even year 'round.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 21, 2012   #1
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Default Carport turned greenhouse

Yippee, I have an opportunity to make a 20' L x 20' wide by 10' high at the A frame peak carport with 2.5" square tube frame into a greenhouse.

I want to put it in the same place I have my landscaping cloth laid and my container garden placed at the moment. So we will have to do this build right over the top of my garden growing time.

Has anyone done this to their own carport frame?

I see some tutorials on smaller carports but I am not sure how that would work on my larger size frame hubby will pick up tomorrow. This project might not get off the ground right away but it is definitely something I want to get planned out.

Any thoughts on this one?

One thing we do plan is to use polyarbonate clear corrugated panels over the roof area so I can devise my rain barrel collection system around the sides. This will allow the rain to stay off the plants when all they need is protection from the rain and I can open the sides or remove them completely for the 8 months of the year that I won't need the sides on. It is really hot and humid most of the year here in South TX Coastal Bend.

~Margaret Atwood~

Last edited by Rockporter; December 21, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote