Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old August 7, 2011   #16
attml
Tomatovillian™

All,

Thank you very much for everyone's input and responses! I apologize as I was not trying to get anyone fired up with this thread! I have got a bad case of the leaf miners this year (much worse than last year) and am just not really sure what to do about it? I have been on vacation the last week and came back to a lot of dead foliage from leaf miners. I had to pull my Paul Robeson and if my Black Prince makes it it will be a miracle. My Brandywine Quesinberry is almost completely defoiliated and it isn't disease. It is definitely leaf miner damage. I am just looking for a solution. I did cut back the rally bad affected leaves and put down some TomatoTone to hopefully stimulate some foliage growth. Beyond that I am not sure what eles to do?

I know everyone is passionate about the hobby but please be kind and respectful of others opinions. Right or wrong everyone is just trying to be helpful!

Thanks!

Mark
attml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9, 2011   #17
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I've had some success with Neem oil on citrus plants getting leaf miner damage. I've never had much problem with them on my tomatoes so I don't know if it will help. The brand of Neem oil I use also has some pyrethrin in it.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote