Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 9, 2010   #16
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbigfish View Post
Fair enough but I still don't know where to let people know I am interested in doing this
As Carolyn mentioned
"Dennis, years ago my friend Craig LeHoullier and I agreed to buy all the varieties that Bill McDorman brought back from Siberia. He bought half of them, I bought the other half and then we split the contents of each pack and that worked well."

This is what I used too do with my local friend so we had extra seeds to give plants to friends and seeds to share

Where and how should I post this??

Thanks
Dennis
Dennis, I've been postiog online since 1989 at several message sites and I don't think I've ever seen anyone post about splitting seeds from purchased seeds. Usually it's done privately with a friend or two so there's good communication as to who is buying what, etc.

My suggestion is the following.

Accept PM's from no more that 5-8 folks who also have bought seeds and have them give you their e-mail addresses. Then you set up an e-mail with those em addresses and go from there. And be sure to ask ALL of those folks to REPLY TO ALL so that everyone knows everythimg that's being posted between all of you.

it seems to me it's a little late for this season, perhaps it would have been better done much earlier, I don't know.

But working out who has what and who wants to split what really won't work as a thread at Tville as I see it, I do think it would work much better as e-mail correspondance between those few of you who are interested in splitting seed packs.

I hope that helps.
Old January 30, 2010   #17
mtbigfish
Tomatovillian™

Kirsti
Thanks received your seeds today - let me know when you receive mine
Dennis
mtbigfish is offline   Reply With Quote