Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old August 30, 2009   #16
stevenkh1
Tomatovillian™

Please count me in for purchase. This is my first year for heirlooms so I don't have anything to offer other than Brandywine Suddeth and Amish Paste seeds (everyone already has those). I love hot peppers, I have some leftover Jalapeno and Habanero seeds I purchased from Heirloom Acres earlier this year to offer in exchange...but as they aren't marked heirloom, I don't know if they are or not. Thank you!
stevenkh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31, 2009   #17
huntsman
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkh1 View Post
Please count me in for purchase. This is my first year for heirlooms so I don't have anything to offer other than Brandywine Suddeth and Amish Paste seeds (everyone already has those). I love hot peppers, I have some leftover Jalapeno and Habanero seeds I purchased from Heirloom Acres earlier this year to offer in exchange...but as they aren't marked heirloom, I don't know if they are or not. Thank you!
I have neither and would love both, so you are moooost welcome!!

I'll be sending in some pepper seeds cultivated in South Africa, so you have a balance of trade already!
huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5, 2009   #18
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

Hi everyone,

A quick note about wish lists. If you are maintaining your wish list on some sort of electronic document, feel free to just email me that attachment if it's easier for you. If you don't have a wish list, but you are maintain a "have" list of your tomatoes and/or peppers, feel free to send that to me by email attachment for reference as well. I'll do my best to try and find varieties that you do not already have.

Most people just slip their lists in the envelope with their seeds, but if you have entensive lists and prefer to send me information electronically, that works for me too.

We're up to 86 participants so far. I'll be accepting signups until the middle of October. The more the merrier. If you're still lurking and haven't decided...come on in and join the fun
hmacdona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2009   #19
huntsman
Tomatovillian™

Wow, this is running nicely and chances are great that we'll have over a hundred people having fun come October ~

Can't wait!

Welcome back from your hols, Heather. Hope you have lots of energy for this swap, eh?

huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2009   #20
RJ_Hythloday
Tomatovillian™

I'd like to participate, but haven't joined in earlier as I don't have a lot to offer. I'm saving seed from Rutgers right now, and will save seed from Vinson Watts and Marrianna's Peace when I get some nice toms. (didn't save seed earlier from splits due to heavy rains).

I purchase cover crops like sweet clover,mammoth red clover, and hairy vetch in bulk. Could I include some of those?

I have a sweet chocolate pepper that is OP if I get some fruits soon.

I also have extra hybrid sweet and hot pepper seeds if it's ok to include hybrid that are clearly marked.

I'm over wintering peppers and hope to eventually stop starting new peppers from seed except for the ocassional new variety.

I'll be limited to what I can harvest during this month. my growing season goes till mid November.
RJ_Hythloday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2009   #21
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Huntsman. I'm all revved up and ready to go. I really hope we get to a 100 this year. I'm pretty confident we will as well.

Hi RJ Hythloday, we'd love to have you join us. I'm sending you a private message with a few more details. We're sticking with only tomato and pepper seeds for this swap. (unless someone is sending is something to give away as bonuses).

Thanks....Heather
Old September 6, 2009   #22
RJ_Hythloday
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmacdona View Post
give away as bonuses :~)

Thanks....Heather
Yep, sounds good. I'm intersted in some of those egg plants, I'll make a note of it in the wish list.
Old September 6, 2009   #23
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

Great. I've noted your "eggplant" wish on my records.

Thanks so much....Heather
Old September 7, 2009   #24
guruofgardens
Tomatovillian™

I'd love to send what I save. Very late season so I will send them when they're ready. Right now I have Black Sea Man tomatoes saved and dried. I'd love to try a few eggplant seeds, too.

We're almost to 100!
guruofgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2009   #25
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

Welcome Guruofgardens,

Just sent you a private message with more details. Have marked you down on the "eggplant" wish list as well. Thanks...Heather
Old September 10, 2009   #26
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

We're up to 97 participants now...woo hoo. Must get to 100....must get to 100

Last edited by hmacdona; September 10, 2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old September 11, 2009   #27
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

We're officially at 100 participants. Still accepting more signups until mid October. Come join in the fun!!!!!
Old September 11, 2009   #28
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

Today I received seeds from Stevenkh1. Nice variety Steve. Thanks
Old September 15, 2009   #29
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

We're up to 102. Still accepting participants until mid October. Come join the fun
Old September 15, 2009   #30
RJ_Hythloday
Tomatovillian™

I've got one batch of Rutgers ready and drying, more Rutgers, Vinson Watts, and Russo Sicilian Togetta fermenting.