Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

SETTFest™ event information and discussion forum. South East Texas Tomato Fest

Old June 24, 2009   #16
Mojo
Tomatovillian™

Yeah, those Black Krim were very nice to sample, even though I'd been eating them out of my own bed since early May. It's reassuring to know that, evidently, I'm doing something right, since mine tasted exactly how yours tasted.

Roy reports that two or three of his Atkinson seeds that he saved have inadvertently sprouted. Waste not, want not: he's going to try to plant one or two for fall, and I have graciously volunteered to plant any he doesn't have room for. (I should probably start drying mine out but I want a layer of fuzzy mold on top of the mixture in the cup to let me know it's ready.) We are hoping to have something to plant-out on August 1, but as dry as it's been, I may try containerizing to save watering.
Old June 24, 2009   #17
veggie babe
Tomatovillian™

looks like all had a good time and the tomatoes look delicious
I hope I will be able to attend next year. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

neva
Old June 27, 2009   #18
Mojo
Tomatovillian™

Minor update: I brought in my saver fermenters today and began drying out. I managed to get 53 Bloody Butchers seeds and 26 ATKINSON! seeds. I am jazzed for the spring plantout now.
Old June 28, 2009   #19
Suze
Tomatovillian™

For anyone who is interested, I recently posted a recipe on the SETTFest blog for some awesome Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce. Terrific way to use any harvest buildup you might have piled up on the counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Minor update: I brought in my saver fermenters today and began drying out. I managed to get 53 Bloody Butchers seeds and 26 ATKINSON! seeds. I am jazzed for the spring plantout now.
Glad I read this post - as it never occurred to me to give Atkinson! a space for fall crop, and this reminded me that I have the seeds. Why not - so I went ahead and started some yesterday.
Old June 28, 2009   #20
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default reply

You know I am going to start a few seeds of Atkinson tonight as well.
Kat
Old July 6, 2009   #21
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default reply

Suze that roasted tomato sauce was great. I am not going to make the sauce any other way again! I used long tongs to mash the tomatoes since I do not have a potato masher.
Kat
Old July 12, 2009   #22
veggie babe
Tomatovillian™

Suze, I made 3 batches of the Roasted Tomato Sauce today. It smelled heavenly cooking and looks beautiful. We will try some on pasta for lunch tomorrow, I know it is going to be great. Thanks for sharing with us. You are right it is a great way to use up tons of tomatoes.

Neva
Old July 12, 2009   #23
Moonglow
Tomatovillian™

Hats off to you all! SETTFest rocks!

Old June 20, 2010   #24
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Bumping this thread as I remove the 'sticky' bit.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]