Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old September 14, 2006   #16
Polar_Lace
Tomatovillian™

Nice touch up, dcarch. What program do you use to do that with? It looks like Jeff Davis has a little ** B L I N G ** to him now.

I went to the link you provided Papa Vic, & clicked on this link Heirloom Archive Plant List

Then went to check out the peppers too. Nice photos & nice info. Thanks alot Papa Vic.
Old September 14, 2006   #17
LoreD
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for all of the databases. It will make my decisions for next year a lot easier; or harder, because I might not be able to reduce my list, and I'll just keep on adding more tomatoes.

Those databases are great for browsing though.

LoreD
Old September 14, 2006   #18
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

PV, I think Feldon has the better link to Ventmarin altho I didn't check it out. The HOme page should have the alphabet so you can click on the letter corresponding to the name of the variety. I never let it translate all b'c it takes forever and so I muddle by in French.

Full Moon, I've not experienced a lot of errors at VEntmarin for the varieties I've looked up there.

Feldon, Gary listed what Ben had grown, not necessarily what was unique to him and at another site where Gary posts I said I thought it would be more useful to list the unique varieties that Ben had and left in his seed collection to SSE. And SSE has been offering several of them in the Public catalog.

As to the Estler strain of Mortgage Lifter, you can read the background at heirloomtomatoes.net that Chuck presented based on the info he received from the Estler family. I still prefer the Estler strain to the regular Radiator Charlie Byles strain, re taste and production.

Did I forget anyone?

Ja, I did. Tom, Mary Reynolds is not an orange variety. It's a gold red bicolor but somewhat unique b'c the pinkish red color goes all the way up to the stem and it sure doesn't look like a bicolor when it's ripe.
Old September 14, 2006   #19
PNW_D
Tomatovillian™

Excellent! Thank you so much for the link. This was one of my favourites years ago.

Now I can stop trying to compile the original
Old September 15, 2006   #20
dcarch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar_Lace
Nice touch up, dcarch. What program do you use to do that with? It looks like Jeff Davis has a little ** B L I N G ** to him now.
I use several. Photoshop, Corel, etc.

dcarch
dcarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2006   #21
Tomstrees
Tomatovillian™

re. Carolyn:
Tom, Mary Reynolds is not an orange variety. It's a gold red bicolor but somewhat unique b'c the pinkish red color goes all the way up to the stem and it sure doesn't look like a bicolor when it's ripe.

re.
Thanks Carolyn -
Every picture I see (maybe its my eyes) - looks orange ~ looks like I'm just gonna have to grow it myself to see.
Just went through the ole seed bin last night ...
I got it !

Have a good weekend ~
Tom
Tomstrees is offline   Reply With Quote