Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 12, 2013   #16
Hillbillygardner
Tomatovillian™

Default Mo cross

Where did you get the mo cross seeds? I grow super Sioux but have little luck out of the mozarks, my grandfather grew them for years.
Hillbillygardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2013   #17
travis
Tomatovillian™

I made the Mozark x Sioux cross myself, and subsequently have been growing out various recombinations of their traits.

I obtained the Mozark seeds from the University of Missouri, Columbia, and the Sioux seeds from, if I remember correctly, Tomato Growers Supply.

Mozark has been very good for me, but many of the MoCross recombinations have been much better.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2013   #18
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
I made the Mozark x Sioux cross myself, and subsequently have been growing out various recombinations of their traits.

I obtained the Mozark seeds from the University of Missouri, Columbia, and the Sioux seeds from, if I remember correctly, Tomato Growers Supply.

Mozark has been very good for me, but many of the MoCross recombinations have been much better.
Well then, maybe I'll just have to try making that cross myself. Growing Mozark this year but didn't start any Siux seeds yet. Maybe I'll start both for Fall..... I have been trying to find smaller vines since I'm not getting any younger.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2013   #19
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

I'll third Aunt Gertie's Gold.

Dr. Lve Apple
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2013   #20
Steve Magruder
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage View Post
Christine,

Black and Brown Boar is a must grow for you! Extremely productive and strong growing:
http://www.wildboarfarms.com/wild-bo...varieties.html

Steve
I'm growing this one this season. It's the most dense/bushy indeterminate I've seen so far.
Steve Magruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2013   #21
GreenSand117
Tomatovillian™

Hello, I have found Oxheart and Rutgers to have an acidic kick...also Neves Azorean Red. As others mentioned also, Aunt Gertie's Gold, Lime Green Salad.
Old June 14, 2013   #22
tedln

Last year, it was KBX and Orange Minske. This year, I have an Orange Minske sitting on my kitchen counter waiting to confirm tomorrow if my impression last year was correct. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Ted
Old June 17, 2013   #23
Hillbillygardner
Tomatovillian™

Would you be interested in selling any of your mo cross seeds, I live in southwestern mo on the Arkansas line and am trying to bring back more stable varieties for this area. Would love to try yours.
Hillbillygardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18, 2013   #24
tomatoguy
Tomatovillian™

Brandywine, Mong, Berkeley Tie-Dye, Mark Twain, Tennessee Heirloom, Anahu, Neves Azorean Red.

mater
tomatoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2013   #25
socalgardengal
Tomatovillian™

Thank you for all the suggestions! Doing my research on them all and then I'll start my plan. Soooo many tomatoes, too little time lol
socalgardengal is offline   Reply With Quote