Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 2, 2013   #16
Patihum
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
Do you think spraying with some soapy water would help? I agree with copious amounts of water, but maybe soapy water will help to wash away the spray, too. Good luck, my heart goes out to you. I am shaking my head that the person would be so ignorant as to not even read the label AND let her child PLAY in the yard as she was spraying it. duh!
Absolutely NO soapy water - it will actually make the poison worse by taking away the protective coating of the leaves.
Patihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2013   #17
TightenUp
Tomatovillian™

scott

how they looking today?

TightenUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2013   #18
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4230 View Post
Sometimes i think you are T'ville's Don Quixote. Keep it up because what you are attempting to do is more than a full time job and someone has to do it.
No no no, at best I am Sancho Panza the simple farmer side kick, but without the witty remarks. Or the farm!

I did get some leaf curl, not a huge amount. Most the new growth looks reasonably good. I think all it did was chase their gophers over to my side, because I lost a pepper today.

Still have my fingers and toes crossed that it mostly wont have harmed my side of the fence. Really concerned about my tree frogs living in my tomato patch. They are terribly sensitive to any kind of environmental toxins. They are my "canary in a coal mine" to let me know the environment is thriving and healthy, and eat bugs too! Which reminds me. I got to download that pic and post it on my project as proof of Principle 9: Sustainable ie. beneficial to the ecology and wildlife

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2013   #19
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by TightenUp View Post
scott

how they looking today?
Reasonably good, I am praying it doesn't affect my fruit set because I have a TON of flowers on some determinates right by there. Thanks for asking.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote