Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 29, 2009   #16
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default reply

Awsome! Hopefully you have a canner and/or lots of friend's ready for the maters? I had a couple of very bad years prior to this year. Mostly due to ignorance and bad soil. I was planting lots of tomato plants this year expecting the returns in years past from each one. Looking at all the blossoms and small fruitset I am going to have to up the anti and buy lots of quart jars. I am not complaining!
Kat
newatthiskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2009   #17
KLorentz
Tomatovillian™

Well some of the extras will be for family and friends but also gonna try to donate to a local food bank.Maybe sell some.peppers too.Its going to be a fun year. Some things I have never grown and some I am growing for the first time in many years. I will be taking picks in the future. My Thesolaniki maters will be the first ones to the garden. The growth rate is outstanding and should be ready to go out in a week or so.

Kevin
KLorentz is offline   Reply With Quote