Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old January 19, 2019   #2671
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Indeed, it is raw meat. It is a delicacy of the gods.
The hams are buried in salt for several days, always in conditions of humidity and temperature very controlled. Afterwards, they are washed with water and the meat is massaged to eliminate any blood.

The next phase is the dryer: large spaces with the windows open (at least for a few hours each day) to circulate the air and in which the ham spends "sweating" for about a year. In the case of Jabugo and its surroundings, being close to the Atlantic (60 kilometers), but in a mountain area, the conditions are unique and especially suitable for this process.

The hams begin to be covered with mold in this phase, and thanks to this they will acquire their characteristic flavor and aroma, but they still have, at least another two years of storage.

Nico.
NicolasGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2019   #2672
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Serrano ham is a product with beneficial health properties. It is a food that can be included in all types of diets, even in low-calorie ones.1.- Source of easily assimilable proteins

Serrano ham is a source of proteins easily assimilated by the organism and with a high biological value (contains a high amount of essential amino acids).

This tasty food contains about 30 grams of protein per 100 grams of product.

2.- Perfect to prevent osteoporosis

As you know, osteoporosis is a decrease in bone mass in the different bones of the body, which causes the mechanical strength of the bones is lower and leads to a greater probability of bone fractures. In fact, osteoporosis is the main cause of bone fractures in women after menopause and in elderly people in general.

Serrano ham has a high iron content, which makes it the perfect ally to prevent osteoporosis (protects bone loss) and a product to include in the diet of people with iron deficiency and women in period of lactation to contribute to the proper development of babies.

Nico.
Old January 19, 2019   #2673
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasGarcia View Post
Indeed, it is raw meat. It is a delicacy of the gods.
The hams are buried in salt for several days, always in conditions of humidity and temperature very controlled. Afterwards, they are washed with water and the meat is massaged to eliminate any blood.

The next phase is the dryer: large spaces with the windows open (at least for a few hours each day) to circulate the air and in which the ham spends "sweating" for about a year. In the case of Jabugo and its surroundings, being close to the Atlantic (60 kilometers), but in a mountain area, the conditions are unique and especially suitable for this process.

The hams begin to be covered with mold in this phase, and thanks to this they will acquire their characteristic flavor and aroma, but they still have, at least another two years of storage.
Yep read all about these wonderful hams many times.
What the pigs are fed and everything.
Sure as heck isn't garbage.
Have been close making stuff here a time or two and I have no problem eating it raw as should be.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2019   #2674
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

The pig, when it is in the wild, maintains an omnivorous diet based on fungi, fruits, insects, larvae, roots, worms, mice and food remains. These animals are able to find food, thanks to their developed sense of smell, even when they are buried a meter underground. The Iberian pig, when it feeds on the freedom of the dehesa, preserves this food instinct characteristic of its wild brethren. This is how it can reach between 87 and 180 centimeters long, depending (obviously) on the weight of this length.

The food that pigs eat greatly affects the subsequent taste of their fat and meat. In this way, the most precious hams come from pigs fed on acorns. This is because the high tannin levels of the acorns are the cause of that unique flavor that characterizes Iberian ham, which is said to be as complex as a ripe wine. Acorns are also a good source of fiber, complex carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. Pigs love acorns, which has an added bonus that they are free and environmentally sustainable.

And where do Iberian pigs get most of their nutrients? Well, when they graze in freedom, of the dehesas of Andalusia (mainly located in the provinces of Córdoba, Cádiz, Huelva, Seville and Málaga) and Extremadura. That's where those meadows full of cork oaks, holm oaks and groans are located and which give acorns for fruit.

Nico.
Old January 19, 2019   #2675
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Some of our white oaks have so little tannin in the acorns you can eat them in moderation without soaking it out.'
The red oak family is full of tannin.
Yes I go around eating stuff to the bewilderment of my fellow comrades.
Old January 19, 2019   #2676
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Unfortunately, for years foreign multinationals have been implanted in our country, selling hamburgers and others who know where the meat comes from, but they have something that people love. For me it is poison

Nico.
Old January 19, 2019   #2677
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I understand completely I truly do.
Old January 19, 2019   #2678
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Serrano ham is a product with beneficial health properties. It is a food that can be included in all types of diets, even in low-calorie ones.1.- Source of easily assimilable proteins

Serrano ham is a source of proteins easily assimilated by the organism and with a high biological value (contains a high amount of essential amino acids).

This tasty food contains about 30 grams of protein per 100 grams of product.

2.- Perfect to prevent osteoporosis

As you know, osteoporosis is a decrease in bone mass in the different bones of the body, which causes the mechanical strength of the bones is lower and leads to a greater probability of bone fractures. In fact, osteoporosis is the main cause of bone fractures in women after menopause and in elderly people in general.

Serrano ham has a high iron content, which makes it the perfect ally to prevent osteoporosis (protects bone loss) and a product to include in the diet of people with iron deficiency and women in period of lactation to contribute to the proper development of babies.
For many years I used to get a catalog that featured all kinds of Spanish products,they were based in the US but imported to the US almost all they sold and yes I bought some, especially the soft and hard turron,but I have another source now.

But the PRICE of those Serrano hams was way to much money for me.

Carolyn
Old January 19, 2019   #2679
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

A thousand dollars for a good one.
I tried to get some guys to go in on one but they backed off and thought I was crazy.
Old January 19, 2019   #2680
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...9aACCDc&adurl=
Old January 19, 2019   #2681
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

In Spain a normal ham of good flavor of 7 kilos of weight has a value of about 36 dollars, and a ham of more quality of acorn for about 80 dollars, it is also true that the most prestigious hams can cost about 1000 dollars, Chinese people go loscos with our hams.

Nico.
Old January 19, 2019   #2682
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

The Chinese leave us without stock I was referring

Nico.
Old January 19, 2019   #2683
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

You do not have to spend 1000 dollars to eat a good ham, for 30 dollars you can eat in Spain a very good ham, there is much deception with the theme of ham

Nico.
Old January 19, 2019   #2684
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
You do not have to spend 1000 dollars to eat a good ham, for 30 dollars you can eat in Spain a very good ham, there is much deception with the theme of ham
I'm sure there is and a sucker born every minute.
This person insulted me about my ham I made.
The guys said try Worth's ham it is some of the best ham ever made.
He said no thanks I have had the best ham ever made like a snob.
I then tried to get him to go in with me to buy a thousand dollar ham and he backed off.
So I made him look cheap in front of everyone by saying, what no class I'll buy it myself then.
Old January 19, 2019   #2685
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I have seen on the page that shows, that they sell Valencian paella.
A good Valencian paella is the one that you eat freshly made, someday I will publish the recipe, it seems incredible to sell Valencian paella in preserve, maybe my puppy does not like it:retorcido:

Nico.