Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old April 16, 2013   #226
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Lyn, maybe there is something in the San Diego air - I am also an addict!

btw... Remy offers "Sample Packs", Carol offers "Mini-packs", and I offer "Trial Packs". Both Remy and Carol have a greater seed count in their corresponding packs, but I am happy to offer an alternative to my regular size packs of seed. Maybe when you have expanded to 500 lath houses I will also be offering bulk seed.

Thanks again and have a great summer!
Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2013   #227
LDx4
Tomatovillian™

Ok, this has got to be some kind of customer service record!

I ordered the seeds at Steve's website at about noon on Monday the 15th and received a confirmation email from Steve almost immediately. Then I received the seeds in the mail at 11am on Tuesday the 16th. Only 23 HOURS from order to delivery?? That's truly amazing customer service!! Of course, it helps that we're both in San Diego County, but still! Less than a day!

And thanks for the extra goodies to try ~ you know I'll be starting more seeds tomorrow

Thanks again!

Lyn
LDx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2013   #228
Logrus9
Tomatovillian™

Mine took 4 days from order to receipt but I'm in NY, and my mailman is getting up there in years. The trial packs are great for someone like me with limited space, this way I can try more varieties. Thanks for the free Dwarf Wild Fred, it was one I was thinking about.
Logrus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013   #229
Delerium
Tomatovillian™

I will be ordering from you soon Steve!
Delerium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2013   #230
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
I will be ordering from you soon Steve!
I am always happy to contribute seed to mad scientists for the purpose of research.

Let me know what you need and I will get it to you if I have it.

Cheers,
Steve
Old May 15, 2013   #231
Delerium
Tomatovillian™

Hi Steve one of my followers on FB was happy to know you ship internationally. Unfortunately she mentioned something about a problem with the shopping cart?

Here is the message she posted.

Tracey Parks and they ship internationally just checked, but am having trouble with viewing the shopping cart?

If you have FB - this is my page. I hope you don't mind i mentioned your website to thank you and marla for the seeds sent. I will let Tracy know i have posted here and will let her know your response.

https://www.facebook.com/GrowingVegetablesInContainers
Delerium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013   #232
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
Hi Steve one of my followers on FB was happy to know you ship internationally. Unfortunately she mentioned something about a problem with the shopping cart?

Here is the message she posted.

Tracey Parks and they ship internationally just checked, but am having trouble with viewing the shopping cart?

If you have FB - this is my page. I hope you don't mind i mentioned your website to thank you and marla for the seeds sent. I will let Tracy know i have posted here and will let her know your response.

https://www.facebook.com/GrowingVegetablesInContainers
Delerium,

I am currently having some security "issues" (trying to configure some security software) so please have Tracey check back in a day or two.
Thanks much for the mention!

Steve
Old May 15, 2013   #233
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage View Post
Delerium,

I am currently having some security "issues" (trying to configure some security software) so please have Tracey check back in a day or two.
Thanks much for the mention!

Steve
The security configuration is complete and everything should be working normally.
Please let me know if there are any problems.

Thanks again,
Steve
Old May 15, 2013   #234
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Still having some problems with the configuration... I will update here when it is working properly.

Steve
Old May 17, 2013   #235
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

The security configuration is completed and the site should now be back to normal. Crossing my fingers I've finished the computer work for awhile and can get caught up in the field!

Steve
Old May 19, 2013   #236
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Default Gary'O Sena recall

To my customers:

If you ordered Gary'O Sena from me this year there is a chance you received incorrect seed. I have emailed everyone who purchased GOS seed but am posting here to hopefully catch some of you who received Gary'O Sena as a gift packet with your order.

If your seedlings of Gary'O Sena are regular leaf, and not potato leaf, then you have the incorrect seed. By mistake, I distributed one batch of seeds harvested from a RL plant (with black fruit and excellent flavor). There is a chance that it is a RL version of GOS but I won't know for sure until I do my own field comparisons this summer.

Please do not distribute saved seed from any RL plants under the name "Gary'O Sena".

More details are here:
http://heritagetomatoseed.com/heirlo...ds/garyo-sena/

Thank You and my apologies!
Steve
Old May 19, 2013   #237
Mlm1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage View Post

"harvested from a RL plant"

Steve
Steve,
I notice you kindly didn't mention who harvested seed from a regular leaf Gary O'Sena. If you paid your help better these things wouldn't happen.

I will say I was so impressed with the delicious beautiful black fruit that I completely overlooked the leaves.

Marla
Mlm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013   #238
Logrus9
Tomatovillian™

Steve - I got the emails and then saw your post. Mistakes happen but it says a lot about you and your company to work so hard to proactively correct a mistake, thank you.

Whatever they are they sound good so if you find the name could you let us know?
Logrus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2013   #239
Alfredo
Tomatovillian™

Hey Steve,

Wow I already received my seed order by noon today and i only placed my order this past friday! 3 days from California to NJ. Excellent and really fast service. Thanks for the gift you included as well. Very generous.

I'll probably order another set of seeds once you post what the new varieties you'll be offering later this year are by the way.
Old August 19, 2013   #240
Loic12
Tomatovillian™

Default Very good supplier

Many times I order from Heritage. I recommend it.
Loic12 is offline   Reply With Quote