Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old January 17, 2016   #211
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Cut fruit- Thank you so much for the seeds Patihum. Seeds for this will be extremely limited unless I can successfully harvest some more. The gentleman I promised these to will definitely get some though. He knows who I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (203.8 KB, 295 views)
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2016   #212
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Marsha you are growing so many interesting, beautiful varieties. Thank you for sharing such informative photos and information on all of these. I can almost taste them!

Ginny
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2016   #213
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

You are welcome, Ginny. Its fun for me!
Old January 17, 2016   #214
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
The fruit is stunning and tastes very good, balanced on the acid side. Look at those stripes!
What a beauty. Staying tuned indeed! My two seedlings for Cherokee Tiger succumbed. After seeing these pics I just penciled it in for a late summer-fall slot.

Great pics as always.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2016   #215
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
What a beauty. Staying tuned indeed! My two seedlings for Cherokee Tiger succumbed. After seeing these pics I just penciled it in for a late summer-fall slot.

Great pics as always.
Thank you! Which color CT did you have?
Old January 17, 2016   #216
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Cherokee Tiger Black, from Bunny Hop.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2016   #217
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Cut fruit- thank you so much Ella for the seeds.
You are welcome, Marsha.
Claude Brown’s Y. Giant is not a typical yellow tomato. Great for sandwiches, meaty and not bland taste. It has a long shelf life as well. The plant was producing for me until the frost. The largest fruit in 2014 was above 2 pounds.
We generally like sweeter tomatoes, but for salads and sandwiches some acidity mixed with sweetness is required. Great grilled too.

Marsha, thank you for all the pictures. All the tomatoes are mouthwatering. Can't wait to start my new seeds.

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2016   #218
Runescape
Tomatovillian™

Just read through the whole thread. Thanks for all the pics and info.
Runescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2016   #219
jpop
Tomatovillian™

Beautiful Marsha, hope the gale force winds today did not take any plants in its path.
jpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2016   #220
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
You are welcome, Marsha.
Claude Brown’s Y. Giant is not a typical yellow tomato. Great for sandwiches, meaty and not bland taste. It has a long shelf life as well. The plant was producing for me until the frost. The largest fruit in 2014 was above 2 pounds.
We generally like sweeter tomatoes, but for salads and sandwiches some acidity mixed with sweetness is required. Great grilled too.

Marsha, thank you for all the pictures. All the tomatoes are mouthwatering. Can't wait to start my new seeds.
That's exactly how I feel in the summer when I'm looking at your picture thread!
Old January 17, 2016   #221
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpop View Post
Beautiful Marsha, hope the gale force winds today did not take any plants in its path.
Those winds were something else! They took down 2 tall banana trees, one had a really nice stalk forming, and it fell on and toppled my Orange Russian 117 plant just as it finally is starting to bloom. It has been uprighted, I think it will survive.( the tomato plant. Not the banana)
Old January 17, 2016   #222
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Cut fruit- Thank you so much for the seeds Patihum. Seeds for this will be extremely limited unless I can successfully harvest some more. The gentleman I promised these to will definitely get some though. He knows who I mean.
Ok now that is a beautiful tomato. This is going to have to go on my want list for sure.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2016   #223
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
No, not different strains, they should all be the same, and they are fabulous here, in a good year. Last year I bet I got 40 tomatoes off it, and the taste was like a 9.5/10( I never give a 10!). This year production is much much less.
I am going to pay attention to reports when they say a strong El Nino is expected, and on those years I am going to severely limit the amount of plants I grow. That's my resolution!
Lovely photos Marsha, just wanted to say that possibly in a El Nino year you could trial some hybrids? I know I would be interested to see how they fare in terrible weather. Just a thought...now back to enjoying this thread
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2016   #224
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

I grew the seed you gave me for Cherokee tiger large red last year and it was really beautiful. I did not know about the lime green foliage and thought it was weird but as it grew I really liked it and the fruit were excellent. firm, alight scarlet red with gold streaks. very good flavour too. super bushy dwarf plant with long lateral branches giving it a short but wide unusual habit.
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2016   #225
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

Marsha, how is production of Biyskaya Roza in your garden?
It was ok in my (8.9 pounds). I will grow it again just for the taste, 10 out of 10 for me.

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote