Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old February 8, 2017   #166
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

LOL!
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2017   #167
bower
Tomatovillian™

LOL pests... the best remedy for that kind is to put them to work growin the stuff, yes, tending the wonder plants. Which I believe is their natural habitat.
Unlike the shoddy business-pest who is motivated strictly by greed, the leaping hippie will go to great lengths to produce the purest most desirable bud that is attainable!! because motivated by true love!
So contrary to the standard gubmint practice of doling out rich contracts to their own greedy business associates.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2017   #168
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Mites.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2017   #169
Jimbotomateo
Tomatovillian™

Much emphasis placed on strictly organic growing methods here. People are really concerned about their health these days. Jimbo
Jimbotomateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2017   #170
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

More rare than the leaping hippie: the free-market Canadian. <- endangered species [well, that's what it looks like from down here.]

Yes, spider mites are the bane of the indoor grow. And aphids, to a lesser extent.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2017   #171
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
More rare than the leaping hippie: the free-market Canadian. <- endangered species [well, that's what it looks like from down here.]

Yes, spider mites are the bane of the indoor grow. And aphids, to a lesser extent.
I know this because I was chatting with my brother who is an organic grower, author, etc about mites on my tomato plants which he said were also common on MJ. I asked if he recommended sulfur. He laughed and said something about not wanting to weaponize the smoke.... I gathered its not good to ignite and inhale.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2017   #172
Durgan
Tomatovillian™

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/libe...-pot-1.4041902 Liberals to announce marijuana will be legal by July 1, 2018
Provinces will have right to decide how marijuana is distributed and sold, CBC News has learned

Four (4) plants per household

As for Canadians who want to grow their own marijuana, they will be limited to four plants per household.
Durgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2017   #173
Jonnyhat
Tomatovillian™

many ways around the plants per household rule depending on space, you can keep a "mom" under 24 hour light until it gets massive and then send it into flower, i have seen massive plants growing in baby pools.

as far as mites, there are a few tricks, you can actually buy predatory mites that attack other mites and then cannabilize (Sp?) after they take out or thin the population.
Jonnyhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2017   #174
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durgan View Post
marijuana will be legal by July 1, 2018
And here we thought Canadians were already very laid back.

This ought to be interesting. Thanks for the update.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2017   #175
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

First advertisement.
This is your brain this is your brain on drugs get the pictuer.
Next advertisement.
This buds for you, it's miller time.
How can your children trust anyone or believe anything they are told if they are constantly lied to and confused by hypocrites.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2017   #176
bower
Tomatovillian™

Speaking of hypocrites, they are still busting people for possession! And will continue to do that until July 2018, evidently. Personally, I'm not impressed. They promised to have it legalized this spring, and instead they manage to announce "later, much later".
The economy is weak, the dollar is low, they're running up debts, and they could have done this without so much delay, add some mj tax dollars to the budget ASAP, and stop spending our money on police harrassment of harmless citizens!
They need to catch up to reality, already.
Of course the thing the government really want to control now is who will profit. Yes the feds will give licenses, who will produce it. Meanwhile they are slapping criminal charges on people who were ahead of the curve, running dispensaries etc and making good products available. (We don't have them here, I'm just imagining what it's like) What are the chances of a license for the activists/entrepreneurs who are tarred as criminals now, while someone who never grew so much as a carrot is drooling over the prospect of big dollars being a government licensed pot grower... yeah. Why are they giving the police another year, to hound people in the existing industry and cost them and maybe run them out of business? Why don't they just regulate what is already there?
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2017   #177
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Med pot just came to Illinois. But it's much more expensive than black market weed because of all the taxes, so the industry is still struggling. Many of the few people who can get med cards still buy illegally when they can, because it is so much cheaper. I think legalization is a great idea, but if excessive taxes are applied, it still leaves a financial incentive for the black market to exist.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2017   #178
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Marijuana does have it pests.
One of the worst that can devastate a whole crop is the dreaded two legged wingless jumping hippie.
Most insecticides won't stop them but can be baited and trapped with a bag of cheetos and a net.
Worth
I missed seeing this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Med pot just came to Illinois. But it's much more expensive than black market weed because of all the taxes, so the industry is still struggling. Many of the few people who can get med cards still buy illegally when they can, because it is so much cheaper. I think legalization is a great idea, but if excessive taxes are applied, it still leaves a financial incentive for the black market to exist.
The Black Market won't go away. It is a form of bartering.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2017   #179
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

The only way to stop the black market in drugs is for the government to give drugs away for free, therefore driving the street value down to zero. I know that is a scary idea, but I think it would eliminate both street gangs and international drug cartels, both of whom employ people who scare me a lot more than any drug.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2017   #180
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
The only way to stop the black market in drugs is for the government to give drugs away for free, therefore driving the street value down to zero. I know that is a scary idea, but I think it would eliminate both , both of whom employ people who scare me a lot more than any drug.
Cole, I agree with you completely. 100%.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote