Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old August 4, 2016   #151
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahowoman View Post
I would like to join the swap . I wasn't planning to this year but you all make it look so fun.
I have a couple of questions.
Does it have to be 10 of the same kind ie 10 pk of red cherry or can you send in 1of 10 different varieties that fit in the cherry category ?
I ordered some new to me tomatoes and would probably have enough extra for 1 pk. of each.
I will not have very many to enter the swap so if I need a sponsor could someone help me?
Thanks
Susan
Are there any other categories besides cherry you'd like to participate in? I could sponsor you in several different ones if you'd like. Let me know.
dfollett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2016   #152
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

I have found it easy to post here and in the spoilers thread, but I can't seem to get interested in the wish list part. It's probably due to it being so hot here lately, and trying to figure out how to grow in this heat. I was out watering in the dark tonight because it was still 96F at 9pm. I'm not complaining because this is typical of this time of year. Actually, I find it challenging.

When reading here at TV this past week, I've noticed that people up north are getting their first tomatoes of the year, and some in Canada are still waiting. There are members from all over the world sending in seeds.

There are some of us that need seeds in late December. While others don't need them until March. If (BIG IF) I do figure out how to grow tomatoes in our Texas heat - seeds from those tomatoes won't be ready until December.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2016   #153
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp View Post
smile
duunn dun
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2016   #154
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

duuuunnnn dun
Old August 4, 2016   #155
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

duuuuuunnnnnn dun
Old August 4, 2016   #156
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun
Old August 4, 2016   #157
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp View Post
It's gonna be a BIG one, Tormato, oh captain, my captain....

Perhaps it won't be a bubble mailer sent back.

I'm thinking... mailing tube, dressed up as...

http://www.yourprops.com/Hooper-s-Ai...5-YP14982.html
Old August 4, 2016   #158
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I have found it easy to post here and in the spoilers thread, but I can't seem to get interested in the wish list part. It's probably due to it being so hot here lately, and trying to figure out how to grow in this heat. I was out watering in the dark tonight because it was still 96F at 9pm. I'm not complaining because this is typical of this time of year. Actually, I find it challenging.

When reading here at TV this past week, I've noticed that people up north are getting their first tomatoes of the year, and some in Canada are still waiting. There are members from all over the world sending in seeds.

There are some of us that need seeds in late December. While others don't need them until March. If (BIG IF) I do figure out how to grow tomatoes in our Texas heat - seeds from those tomatoes won't be ready until December.
There will be some things I won't have til after the mail in date either. I figure if they not ready to send in for the swap then I will just offer them in the trade section for a sase.

Unless Tormato changing, I noticed last year ( my first year) that he sent out seeds to those in hotter climates first and then the cold ones, so things should arrive in plenty of time.

Hot it is. Makes a body not interested in doing too much right now, but there plenty opf time for a wish list and once temps cool down a bit in a few weeks then maybe you'll get excited about new varieties. I'm looking at varieties folks talk about on Tv and google those and then look at all the tomatoes and peppers on those sites and making a list of wants.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2016   #159
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

It's definitely the heat curbing my enthusiasm for doing much more than keeping cool. Looking out at the garden that is solarizing isn't helping much either. I can't wait to get that plastic off of it. I know my interest will be back in overdrive then.

Tormato, I tried listening to the Jaws theme song slowed down 800% https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0UH-aMZPo0
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2016   #160
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
It's definitely the heat curbing my enthusiasm for doing much more than keeping cool. Looking out at the garden that is solarizing isn't helping much either. I can't wait to get that plastic off of it. I know my interest will be back in overdrive then.

Tormato, I tried listening to the Jaws theme song slowed down 800% https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0UH-aMZPo0
That's a perfect speed!
Once Imp's wish list arrives (basically "one of everything"), things slow down about 800%, here.

If things go as planned (shudder), southerners should start to get seeds sent back starting about November 20th, northerners starting later and ending about December 32nd.
Old August 4, 2016   #161
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Salt, you can always just hold on to the seeds for the next years swap. You know then that they will be nice and dry. I often hold seeds over a year. Nobody has ever complained about it...
Old August 4, 2016   #162
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
Perhaps it won't be a bubble mailer sent back.

I'm thinking... mailing tube, dressed up as...

http://www.yourprops.com/Hooper-s-Ai...5-YP14982.html
Thumbs Up
Old August 4, 2016   #163
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
Thumbs Up
Sponsoring her (again), are you sure you have both thumbs?
Old August 4, 2016   #164
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Thumbs up (after checking for mine) to your new avatar.
Old August 4, 2016   #165
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
That's a perfect speed!
Once Imp's wish list arrives (basically "one of everything"), things slow down about 800%, here.

If things go as planned (shudder), southerners should start to get seeds sent back starting about November 20th, northerners starting later and ending about December 32nd.

Hey! That is not true, not true at all!!! I take an exception to that ( and you may be the first nip!)!!!!

I Don't want "one of everything". So there.

I don't want any white tomatoes....except if some one send s in Mirabelle Blanch, a white cherry, of course. And some, I might want two of, LOL!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg bbsharkvegs.jpeg (8.2 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpeg bbboateaten.jpeg (7.4 KB, 156 views)
imp is offline   Reply With Quote