Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Old September 18, 2020   #1
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
That is my new project too. Nicely done.

Bill

Bill, what is going in your winter garden?
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2020   #2
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottinAtlanta View Post
Bill, what is going in your winter garden?
Not much yet. I just got two beds worked up after around 10 inches of rain from Sally. I was surprised the beds could be worked just two days after the storm. I will be planting mustard and turnips this week. I already have a few Sweet Success cucumbers and a small fence for them as well as about 20 feet of Maxibel beans set out a couple of days before the storm. They look a bit ragged after getting pounded by the rain and wind but if the whiteflies will slack off I think they will be fine. I also have all the usual suspects started in my tiny greenhouse but they are not even large enough to pot up so I don't know when they will go out; but it will be earlier than I have been able to start fall crops in years. Lately I have just had a winter garden. I am loving this cooler weather and hope it hangs in there for a while. It has been a very long time since I had a good fall because summer has just lasted too long the last couple of years.

Are you going for a fall/winter garden?

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30, 2020   #3
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Vladimír, you have a good spot going!

Bill,

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
I just got two beds worked up after around 10 inches of rain from Sally. I was surprised the beds could be worked just two days after the storm.
Bill
Boy, you're right about that! We got 7.5" here and and the second day after the storm all standing water in the garden had been sopped up and the ground was walkable!
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote