Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 14, 2020   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default Progress At A Slower Pace

Yesterday was putter day. I groomed the mini tomatoes on the porch, pruning off spent branches, cutting a little funk out here and there, fertilized, etc. They are just now starting to set more cherry tomatoes as the 90+ temps have faded away. There were plenty of flowers but just heat-killed pollen, I guess.

These two are really compact unlike the rangy Whippersnappers next to them. That's Red Robin on the left and Jochelos on the right. Very tight and dense plants. There's a third one, Lille Lise, somewhere on the tables and I'm going to try keeping those three indoors all winter under lights.

The summer row of big bucket tomatoes on pallets has given way to a few assorted plants. In the back are a Rio Grande tomato started in June for fall and two different Roselles. In the front are the old Millionaire eggplant and a newer one, also started in June, plus the two rhubarbs I started from seed.

The carrots and turnips have both popped up in the last day or two. The cooler weather and little passing showers helped that. The next round of brassica plants went out to the porch to get used to real life and will be planted out on the 19th. Gardening life is proceeding at a slower pace and I don't mind that at all.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote