Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 21, 2019   #12
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDawgs View Post
Here's a tip I read about which will be heresy for those who have to have heat but it's worked for me for a long time. Tolerable heat and still all the jalapeno flavor. When I make poppers I cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds and veins but leave the cap in place so cheese doesn't run out the end. Then I boil some water in a small pan and simmer the halves. It will tame the pepper's heat.

You'd have to test how long suits your taste. I let them go about 6 minutes, then remove them and put them upside down on a paper towel to drain and cool before stuffing them with a cream cheese, sharp cheddar, garlic powder, cumin etc filling.
if you really want heat in your poppers, take a few jalapenos (or other hotter peppers - even habenero) and put them in a blender. Mix this puree with your cream cheese/meat mix for stuffing. Nothing wrong with scraping out the seeds before stuffing. I steam cook my poppers, length of time varies depending on flesh thickness. Oh, and I steam them pre-stuffed!

Last edited by rhines81; October 21, 2019 at 07:26 PM. Reason: stuffing
rhines81 is offline   Reply With Quote