Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 4, 2013   #1
OtterJon
Tomatovillian™

Default Bonsai?

Ok so I don't ask questions often, but started some Tiny Tims about 4 and half months ago from seed, in a 4in peat pot using pro-mix bx....they never ended up getting individually repotted.(.Plants are only 3in tall...micro leaves.) I started a bunch of other micros for breeding purposes.and forgot about them...Anyhow,they are so tiny even now..are flowering with tiny flowers and setting truly diminuative fruit...The tomato next to a penny is several weeks old.....my question is...when they ripen, will the saved seeds retain any extremely small features? The fruit is so much smaller than I've ever seen....so I'm curious if offspring would revert.....Thanks

Jon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2223.JPG (115.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2221.JPG (50.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2220.JPG (58.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2226.JPG (145.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by OtterJon; July 4, 2013 at 04:34 PM.
OtterJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2013   #2
tlintx
Tomatovillian™

That is INSANE.

Insanely cool!

I do hope you can reproduce this, if it's genetic. On the plus side, you'll be able to grow them out very quickly to see, if that's only a few weeks old!

Oops, just reread more carefully. The tomato is only a few weeks old, not the plant. Anyway, is it possible it's dwarfed by conditions? I had a Better Boy that I didn't realize was getting less sun than its neighbors, but it grew regular-sized fruit.

Last edited by tlintx; July 4, 2013 at 05:25 PM.
tlintx is offline   Reply With Quote