Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 4, 2013   #1
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

Default Aunt Ruby's German Green, need advice

So I started this variety from seed, excited because I love green tomatoes. I have healthy plants, but almost no flowers or signs of flowers. All my other tomatoes are doing fine, growing in the same grow pots with the same growing conditions and sun and water etc....
Anyone have any advice?
Sharon
SharonRossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2013   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonRossy View Post
So I started this variety from seed, excited because I love green tomatoes. I have healthy plants, but almost no flowers or signs of flowers. All my other tomatoes are doing fine, growing in the same grow pots with the same growing conditions and sun and water etc....
Anyone have any advice?
Sharon
DSL is acting up again, will try to type fast.

Sharon, ARGG is a LATE season variety so should be one of the last to put out blossoms.

Can I assume that the ones that are blossoming are early and midseason varieties?

I don't know what grow pots are, nor how big they are but I wonder if they allow for proper growth of large indet varieties.

Carolyn
Old July 4, 2013   #3
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

Hi Carolyn,
Thanks for your response. They are growing in 20 gallon containers that are made of a breathable fabric. Yes, some of the varieties are early to mid-season, and I know we had a late start here in Montreal. But the Cuor Di Bue and Brandywine Sudduth have flowers and fruit setting. I guess patience is a virtue in this case. As expected all the "blacks" are doing well in terms of flowers. To my surprise, Orange Strawberry is doing quite well, but Anna Russian is still giving me fits! Hope you're enjoying tennis!
SharonRossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2013   #4
sprtsguy76
Tomatovillian™

20 gallon should be plenty. Patience is the key as you have stated. Allthough for me ARGG has been a late mid season. But different weather and regions always come into play.

As a side note I love Orange Strawberry. Its my favorite orange and has always been quite productive for me. Also OS has always had a very distinct sharpe point at the bottom that can be quite long. I just love that !

Damon

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
sprtsguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote