Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old May 25, 2012   #16
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemerman View Post
Carolyn,

I definitely think that this is the problem. Do you think that the plants will recover once I get them outside in pots?
Steve is the one who has had personal experience with it, not me, but since it's an environmental situation and not a disease it seems to me probable that it might well go away when the plants have been hardened off properly and put outside.

Just a note to those who suggested TMV and CMV. With those two viral diseases, which look very much alike, it's the foliage that's the tip off in terms of shoestring looking leaves and twisted leaves and so much more.

And yes, TMV is very rare these days so CMV is the most common.

I know I should be spending more time in the Pest and Disease Forum, but others seem to be doing a fine job of helping out. And more to the point, prior to Tville opening in Jan of 2006 I spent untold hours at another message site in their Disease Forum and prior to that, now skipping some other message sites there I did same, when I started out at the AOL Tomato Forum in 1983 I wrote many articles about various diseases and some of them have ended up at a couple of other disease sites as well.

Right now for reasons I'm not sure of I'm getting copies of posts sent home when I never even posted in a thread, all of them from the Pest and Disease Forum, so when I log on to my computer it's not unusual to find 30-50 posts sent home, which continues throughout the day, when prior to this happening, which is only in the past few weeks, I was only sent copies from threads I had posted in.

Yes, I have asked about it, but no answer yet.
Old May 25, 2012   #17
jemerman
Tomatovillian™

Well I just want to say thank you Carolyn for all of your great posts. Reading many of your posts on this and other forums has really helped me a lot to learn more about tomatoes.
jemerman is offline   Reply With Quote