Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old September 19, 2011   #1
mysidx
Tomatovillian™

I'm going to have to agree, the site looks a little shady to me.
mysidx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2011   #2
Raffles
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysidx View Post
I'm going to have to agree, the site looks a little shady to me.
I'm more inclined to say silly. The site looks like a kid designed it and the over use of her name gets very old very fast.

Other sites rename or misname tomatoes. Some just make a better impression doing it. Gary Ibsen comes to mind.

I've bought many of my seeds from the guy on ebay selling "Russian Black Cherry". I don't sweat the odd names that much because all of the seed I've gotten from him germinated and seemed to be what he said it was as far as I could tell.

Silly is enough to keep me buying from a vendor though. Penny hits me as too much of a gamble to deal with. I'd buy the 20¢ seeds at Wally-World before I'd get anything from her.

I've got a few people on line I buy from and High Mowing is just a short drive away.
Raffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2011   #3
mysidx
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
I'm more inclined to say silly. The site looks like a kid designed it and the over use of her name gets very old very fast.

Funny you say that, I was thinking the same thing. All she needs now is to have a talking tomato named penny for some kid show to come on PBS after Dora the Explorer.
mysidx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2011   #4
Raffles
Tomatovillian™

[QUOTE=mysidx;234327]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post

Funny you say that, I was thinking the same thing. All she needs now is to have a talking tomato named penny for some kid show to come on PBS after Dora the Explorer.
Hey if they do it I want to be the villain that is always after her and her South American pal Tommy Tillo.

Which works better for you folks; a horn worm that sounds like Dracula or the Blight brothers?
Raffles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carolina reaper , deceitful , dishonest , joe arditi , lies , opinions , penny mohney , penny's tomatoes , pepper joe's , photo theft , reviews , untrustworthy