Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 25, 2006   #1
Chicago_Joe
Tomatovillian™

Default Any Grandpa Ludolph German Red Updates?

I posted this same question over at GW when Suze was nice enough to tell me everyone was here now. I haven't asked for updates on Grandpa since seed starting time. Does anyone have any updates or even better, pictures? I've got 2 plants in the ground with about 6 tomatoes on each plant and many blossoms.

Looking forward to reading reports.
Chicago_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2006   #2
Dukerdawg
Growing for Market Moderator

Joe, My GLGR are all loaded with fruit. I believe I have 4 plants and they are doing great. Big clusters of large tomatoes. Really looking forward to tasting them.

Shouldn't be too long now! A couple more weeks and everything should be coming in!!! Whoo-hoo!!
Dukerdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2006   #3
coronabarb
Tomatoville® Recipe Keeper

Duane,

I'd love to see some pics. GLGR is one tomato I want to try but didn't get started this spring.
Old July 27, 2006   #4
Dukerdawg
Growing for Market Moderator

I know I am growing Grandpa Ludolph, but the plants I were thinking of were actually Grandfather Ashlock...doh....I mixed up the Grandpa's

That is what I get for going by memory at work.

But all my plants are doing so great it is unbelievable. Many have fallen over due to the fruit load and everything is deep green in color and just doing awesome. I like to think my mama in heaven is involved, but I suppose that is convuluted thinking. I also think she has something to do with the Detroit Tigers kicking butt to keep my father occupied, but again..I digress.

More rain and thunderboomers coming...so..just glad the fruits are not almost ripe,...I hate that splitting thang that happens...jeez..

Barb, I know CA is dealing with a really bad heat wave. Hope you and yours (and pets) are coping OK.

Take care. Duane
Dukerdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2006   #5
coronabarb
Tomatoville® Recipe Keeper

Thanks, duane. The dawgs are doing just fine *inside* the air conditioned house.