Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18, 2019   #1
Moshou
Tomatovillian™

Default Old tomato seeds, need advice

Well, I need help and advice as well

I have some old tomato seeds. They have an interesting story. A man cultivated same variety of tomatoes 20-25 years in a row. As he loved this variety, each autumn he saved seeds from the most beautiful tomato fruits. About 10 years ago (summer 2009), he died and the little old country garden was abandoned. This spring, one of his children found some old seeds and sent them to me. Seeds look good and he told me that he found seeds in a dry place with good temperature. The problem is they might be 10-11 years old. This year, I tried three times but seeds did not germinate. I want to try again next year. If you have any advice, I'll be glad to know. If anyone wants to try, I can send some seeds

Advanced thanks for your time and attention

Last edited by Moshou; July 18, 2019 at 11:20 AM.
Moshou is offline   Reply With Quote