Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Interested in planning your own tomato-tasting event? Post your ideas and/or plans here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 13, 2007   #1
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Default Kitchener Waterloo Oktoberfest

At the Buffalo Niagara Tomato Taste Fest some of us got to talking about the upcoming Oktoberfest held in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA. It starts on October 5th (the Friday of Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend or Columbus Day Weekend in the States) with the official keg tapping and runs through until October 14th when they put the plug back in the ceremonial keg. This is the largest Oktoberfest outside of Munich....anywhere. We played host to over 750,000 people last year! There are various events going on during the 10 days. Some are family oriented and some are for adults (age of majority is 19 in Ontario) only.

Hey I don't know if anybody here's interested in doing some festing that may or may not include tomatoes (LOL), but I thought I'd post some info. The official website for the whole Bavarian style festival is: www.oktoberfest.ca There you can find info on various events, Festhallen (more on that later) and accomodations.

The Kiwanis Club that I belong to runs the second biggest Festhalle (and a regular winner in the Best Large Festhallen Award Category) - we're licensed for 2300 people. I've agreed to arrange for tickets for some the guests at the Buffalo Niagara Tomato Taste Fest for some of the nights at our Festhalle for those interested - provided we're not sold out on those nights. I think Tomatoaddict and crew were planning on coming up from Ohio on the long weekend. And there were some others that we're sure yet. Just so you know, our Festhalle runs different "themes" on different nights. Some of them cater to a university/college crowd (there are 3 in KW and 15 more at least within an hour and half drive of KW). With the exception of BEATtoberfest, our host band will be playing a mix of Oompah pah / German music and anything from Swing to Top 40's Dance music.

Saturday October 6th is PRIDEtoberfest....which is going to the second year we've done it....and we've got groups travelling in from as far away as Florida, California, Massachusetts, B.C., Missouri and Texas for it....but as great a party as PRIDEtoberfest is, it may not be everybody's cup of tea or brew. Other nights attract a broader age range and demographic. Check out our websites if you're interested: www.karlsberghaus.com or www.pridetoberfest.com So if you're interested in joining some fellow TV-er's at Karlsberghaus, let me know.

BTW, I'm not promoting this for any profit of my own. This is run by a non-profit organisation - The Kiwanis Club of the Twin Cities, Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA. All proceeds go to community projects and groups.

Ein Proesit!!
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote