Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 14, 2018   #1
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Default 67 - Jahrige Tomate aus Babelsberg

My seed source was a friend in Germany. The name above is what the German seed bank had it listed as. Even though my whole garden is 4-5 weeks late, this is one of the first to give ripe fruits

Round, slightly oblate, regular leaf, yellow with a yellow skin, and finishing with a hint of reddish-orange.

Taste is clean and citrusy with complexity and depth. Fruits are consistently 2 inches round and slightly oblate. I've tasted a lot of green and yellow and orange tomatoes, but this one is just different. The taste reminds me of the "Lemon Boy" hybrid. I rated the taste at a solid 8. I'll continue to monitor this thruout the rest of my season.

The pictures below show the same two fruits and you can see the finishing color take on a bit of orange-red blush over the canary yellow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TomateausBabelsberg1.JPG (261.2 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg TomateausBabelberg2.JPG (210.9 KB, 62 views)
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote