Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 19, 2018   #1
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Default Seed Started Lighting

This is how I am going to start tomato seeds this year. It is really simple to build/make. I cut a 4' x 21" sheet of 3/4" plywood with one rounded end in case I bump into it. It is sitting on a 4' tall chest of drawers inside our house - where it's nice and warm. And a folded white sheet on top of the plywood. The sheet is there in case I spill water. I was also thinking that the white sheet might reflect a little light too.

There are three 4' long T8 light fixtures hung at 7 inches apart (Sold cheap at big box stores). They are attached with the short chain they came with and then nylon string up to the hooks that I screwed into two 1' x 4''s that are screwed into one ceiling joist.

This is where I'll start the seeds in containers shown in the picture, and also where they will be after potting up into Solo cups. The containers are empty now and placed to show the versatility of what you could do. (The yellow stripes and spots are my camera acting up - it's all freshly painted white.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HNI_0012.JPG (37.1 KB, 294 views)
File Type: jpg HNI_0013.JPG (32.9 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg HNI_0015.JPG (42.5 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg HNI_0016.JPG (39.7 KB, 291 views)

Last edited by AlittleSalt; January 19, 2018 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Seed Starting Lighting...lol messed up the title.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote