Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 9, 2017   #11
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
wow beautiful big hearts! I would be interested to know what ones you find to be the best for flavor
KarenO
Like many here on Tomatoville me like tomatoes in a heart shape. I've grown more than thirty of these big tomatoes, and I loved those ten which tasted the most. I think comparing the taste of tomatoes of different colors is problematic. And so I have this tomatoes rated as follows:
Black- I do not know and I did not grow another black "Heart". Brad's Black Heart tastes good to me.
Orange- Orange Russian 117 (for me one of the best) tastes me far more than Orange Strawberry, which does not even look like "Heart". If I found some other orange, I might have to replace it .
Pink- Mayo delight was my best tomato last year. Kosovo I cultivated three years ago, the plant was bad (I want it on a sauce). Ludmila´s Pink Heart- taste excedent for me. Fresa is not only "Heart", but it is also Spanish, and they are the tomatoes which I mainly grow.
Red- Anna Russian, Kukula´s Portuguese Heart, Alice. I have never compared them and I probably should have a problem that I might omit.
I do not want to grow more than sixteen "Hearts," so if there were some hearts in another color or two-color, I would have to limit some of them. So far I have found no interesting hearts in other colors.
Vladimír
PS.: Karen, I am watching your Karma project with interest
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote