Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 6, 2017   #1
My Foot Smells
Tomatovillian™

Default 7/5 Pick

Had to throw out about 1/2 as many from bird attack (sap sucker), fissure, and bug damage. The copious amt. of rain ruined several that were on lower cluster. Lots of blemish, stretch marks, etc....

Looks like salsa & sauce time. Gave away about 40 before this pick to neighbor and friends over the 4th holiday. Not as many mid-season fruit setting, do to rainy days, but lots of tomatoes forming on the top.

Three plants are dead, some others are showing signs of disease. Not a bumper crop year, but better than last year when late blight crashed the party.

Also, had one plant that was supposed to be a sungold cherry, but puts out perfectly round orange ----> red fruit about 12 oz. I think it is one of those generic hybrid (big boy, etc..)

I have been picking tomatoes for about two weeks (cherries longer) with good yield. Taste initially was a little watered down - but juicy. Flavor with the increase in heat is improving.
My Foot Smells is offline   Reply With Quote