Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 19, 2016   #1
pecker88
Tomatovillian™

Default new greenhouse, new growth curled

Tomato varieties, all started from seed around March 1st. Planted out starting April 1st, few plants per week until 20 April.

Kellogs Breakfast
Trust
Bella Rosa
Gregori Altai
Sun Gold
Marianna's Peace
Big Boy
New Big Dwarf

Several pepper varieties also, nothing crazy, green/red Bell, Jalapeno, Anaheim, ect... Started 15 Feb. from seed, planted out 1 April until 20 April, same time frame as toms.

Yukon gold Potatoes planted about 1 April.

Seems like after a few weeks of growing everything started going south.

A few plants I sprinkled some Fox Farm Happy Frog tom. & veg. granular about 3 weeks ago, testing to see if it was nut. deficiency. I fertilized everything with 1/2 strength fish emulsion 1 time about a week ago.

Soil is 1/2 city compost and 1/2 sandy loam top soil. Greenhouse is NOT heated, at night I roll down the sides. We've had some nights around 40 in mid-april, and again about a week ago. Got about 7" of rain in that time frame. I really backed off on watering in the last week. I have soaker hoses under mulch and the peppers esp. were getting too much water.

I just put 40% shade cloth over the GH. Daytime temps can reach 100 easily on days with calm winds.

Carrots, Radishes, Onions, Broccoli and Beans seem to be doing OK. They are planted on the opposite side of walkway, but soil makeup is exactly the same.

Any ideas? I'm starting to think herbicide reside in city compost. I called the University/County extension today and they had not heard of any reports of herb. damage from the city compost supply.

I'm lost and really upset considering my new setup.

pecker88 is offline   Reply With Quote