Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 11, 2015   #1
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

Default Ruslan

This picture of Ruslan was taken in the morning with the sun shining from the east. The bottom is facing west and is shaded so it looks darker in the picture, but actually the tomato is fairly even colored. If anyone would like me to take another picture this afternoon, I will do so. I can pick it and slice it open to show what the inside looks like too.
Ruslan_am.jpg
I am hoping the tomato was named after the Kievan knight in the story about Ruslan and Lyudmila. If there is a Lyudmila tomato it would be so cool to grow them next to each other.
I think I will have Chernomor tomato seeds to grow out next year but I will grow them in another part of the garden. Chernomor tomatoes remind me of the sorcerer Chernomor, who like in the story of Ruslan and Lyudmila, could take many different shapes and forms.
Dutch

The intuitive mind is a gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. But we have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. (paraphrased) Albert Einstein

I come from a long line of sod busters, spanning back several centuries.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
limmony , ludmilla , lyudmila , ruslan , rusland