Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion about canning and dehydrating tomatoes and other garden vegetables and fruits. DISCLAIMER: SOME RECIPES MAY NOT COMPLY WITH CURRENT FOOD SAFETY GUIDELINES - FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 28, 2015   #1
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

Default tomato mill accessory for meat grinder?

We have a good meat grinder, a German made Krefft kompaktwolf r70, that rips through deer meat as fast as we can feed it. Rather than buy another yet another one-trick-pony, I'm trying find a tomato mill that is designed to fit on this grinder. Anyone have any idea where to look? Everything I see on web searches is in German.

We also have some less capable, smaller meat grinders that would surely give enough torque to crush tomatoes, but I can't think of the names right now. Royale, something like that? Regal? There are loud and driven with just a small slot key I believe. The Kreft has about a 5/8" hex drive.

I know there are a lot of stand alone tomato mills out there. I don't want to spend $300 and have to make room to store it somewhere, but I wouldn't mind spending $100 for a well made accessory to hook it up to our Kreft grinder. Between the Kreft and a Hobart slicer and a pressure canner, extra bread machine and crock pots, I'm really not looking for another stand-alone appliance.

I'd love to find something made for my grinder, even A grinder, but may end up with a victorio hand crank and some creative welding?

Thanks for any help.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote