Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 26, 2015   #1
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

Default Lets try this seed saving thing again

OK, first try last year, did a really bad job and I knew it at the time, too much other stuff going on. I Let the seeds dry out in the container and not surprisingly no germination when I tested them this year, so I tossed the entire lot. I just scraped out the seeds from my first ripe Estler's Mortgage Lifter tomato this year. Could not bring myself to toss the entire tomato in the container, I had to eat it. Now, there is only about 1/2 inch of seeds and goo in the bottom of the container, which has been sitting on my counter for about 36 hours. Hopefully I haven't done anything wrong yet, lol.

What next? Is that enough goo or do I need to squeeze some tomato juice from another tomato in there or add water? How much do I need? Will they ferment on my kitchen counter or rather my craft room counter or warm window sill or do they need to be outside? I am afraid they will get blown over or knocked over when I am at work if I leave them outside.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote