Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 10, 2015   #1
AdrianaG
Tomatovillian™

Default Meet Grandpa' Wright's Red Tomato

I picked up an heirloom a week ago at the Jasper, Georgia farmer's market from the family that has been maintaining this seed for close to 100 years. When I tasted it, I was wowed by the full rich flavor and nice meaty texture. I went back this weekend for more, and got the following information about the tomato. I need to go back and get Grandpa's full name 😊!

Grandpa Wright's Red Tomato
Acquired from Vendor at Jasper, Ga Farmers Market in August 2015
Family heirloom from Tate Georgia, saved by the vendor's great grandfather who is now deceased. The vendor who is in his 20s and his father were both at the market. They do not know where Grandpa got the seeds. Another heirloom was a mid-size yellow and red bicolor.

Plants are babied grown in raised beds. I will be saving seeds to see how the plants perform for me next year. They save seeds by letting fruit rot, then clean gel and freeze. Segregate plants from other varieties by 1/2 mile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (207.9 KB, 433 views)
AdrianaG is offline   Reply With Quote