Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 7, 2015   #21
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
Salt... Watch how long you ferment the cherry seeds. For me, I have found the smaller the seeds, as long as you have a mat, not to ferment them to long as they will start to sprout if water temps in cup are right.

First time fermenting the currant seeds. Teeniest things I ever saw. Four days and the whole batch had sprouted. Have to redo some now. Glad I didn't eat all of them.
I don't know how you processed you currant fruits, but all I ever did was to squish the individual berries, yes, very time consuming, and add a wee amount of water and the skins would burst liberating all the seeds, more seeds than you'd ever want from a currant variety.

How many squished ones did I put in my pint containers I don't know, just kept doing it and at first they float, looking just like someone would see if bobbing for apples.

Carolyn