Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 1, 2015   #1
Icefisher
Tomatovillian™

Default Fertilizer for hydroponic tomatoes

Hello all,
My experiment with growing tomatoes in a DWC system is going well. The few plants that I am growing have gotten buds on them and I am very encouraged by that!
I have ordered and received a quantity of Master blend fertilizer along with some calcium nitrate. I am getting ready to mix these with some Epsom salt to add to my nutrient solution. I have done some research on the web and found a publication from the University of Arizona. In addition to the master blend/CaNO3/MgSO4 you also need to add trace elements of other chemicals. These are Boron, Manganese, Copper, Chlorine, Molybdenum, Zinc, and Iron. I have been trying to find the individual chemicals that are prescribed in the publication. But have not been having much success. Then I thought that I would ask the question here. Does anyone know of a source for a product that contains these elements? One product that comes to mind is Fertilome liquid Iron, but, I am even having a difficult time locating some of this.

Thanks for your help
Icefisher
Icefisher is offline   Reply With Quote